Kerr County 7 pt down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kerr County 7 pt down

After losing one of the best leases on back in mid summer, I was a little bummed about this season. Fortunately, my family has a little bit of land over near Kerrville. My pops grew up on the property and and it’s where my grandparents lived until they passed, so it’s a special place for all of us.

I was a little late in putting up a feeder, but I was pleasantly surprised at what was showing up.

The first 10 has been getting a pass from me this season. The bigger 10 I would shoot in heartbeat if he’d just show up in the daytime, but he’s smart. I did knock down an axis doe back in October, but that’s it for this season.

Fast forward to Sunday morning, I had deer all around me including 20 or so axis. I draw back on a fat axis buck, line up the pens, start to squeeze the the trigger....and they bolt half a second before I let one fly. I’m not sure what happened, but they were all gone. Not only were they gone, but they decided to bark at me for about 10 minutes after they left-axis are freakin hard to bowhunt. Thirty minutes later I have three young 8 points and that younger 10 eating in front of me and this guy walks up and runs everything off, big mistake on his part. At 22 yards I eased the pins up his legs and let one fly. The grim reaper did its job and he was down in 50 yards. I go wake up the wife and tell her I need help tracking a buck, she wasn’t too happy, ha! This was her first trailing job and she did great and actually found more blood than I did! By the end of it, she was excited and happily took pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats! Looks like you have a target rich environment!

Comment

Congrats! That’s an awesome spot! I’d love to have a place to hunt axis and whitetail!

Comment

Congratulations! You still have plenty of targets for later.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats on the Buck,Great looking place

Comment

Nice work, thats a good deer !!

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Nice buck!Congrats

Comment

Congratulations. Looks like you have a great place to hunt

Comment

Man if I had place like that in Kerr County I wouldn't mess with a lease.

Comment

Nice buck congrats.

Comment

great buck!!!

Comment

Wow, too bad you lost your good lease and had to “settle” for this place!

Comment

Working...
                              X