Wildgame innovations moonshine light??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wildgame innovations moonshine light??

I purchased two of these wildgame innovation moonshine lights and want to know if anyone on here has them and their opinion...
    Is it motion censored or does it just stay on once dark hits? I have pigs coming after 11pm and I’m worried if it’s not motion censored then it will drain power by that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not to be rude, but you should have done a search on wildgame innovations before you purchased them, just saying.

Comment

It says that they are on the website.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
        Not to be rude, but you should have done a search on wildgame innovations before you purchased them, just saying.

I did seen great reviews but did not see anything on it being motion censored, thanks for your input and I take it you do not have one.

Comment

Originally posted by TX Outlaw View Post
          It says that they are on the website.

Thank you sir that’s what I was looking for, I just missed it!

Comment

Never had a problem with WGI.

Comment

I do not not own one of these lights, you are correct. I have owned other products made by wild game innovations, and every item, has failed within the warranty period and they failed to honor it. , as have many others ,they do not last long ( in general) and they don't stand behind there products. Here is the first one that pops up on a search here. Default Wildgame is terrible "rant"Default Wildgame is terrible "rant"
              I do how ever now own sniper hawg lights, and elusive wild life lights. And would strongly suggest them, if your looking for long term use. Sniper being far better of the two, but have had no problems with my elusive yet either. Good luck, just trying to save you the headache. And save you from throwing your money out. Good hunting
              Last edited by critter69; 11-21-2018, 09:19 PM.

Comment

I do not not own one of these lights, you are correct. I have owned other products as have many others and they do not last long ( in general) and they don't stand behind there products. Here is the first one that pops up on a search here.Default Wildgame is terrible "rant"
                I do how ever now own sniper hawg lights, and elusive wild life lights. And would strongly suggest them, if your looking for long term use. Sniper being far better of the two, but have had no problems with my elusive yet either.

I currently have a elusive wildlife disk kill light the original, issue is I do not have a feeder up to install it I use that at my lease, I just purchased these to put on a few trees out back that we throw corn around.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenkins8PT View Post
                  I currently have a elusive wildlife disk kill light the original, issue is I do not have a feeder up to install it I use that at my lease, I just purchased these to put on a few trees out back that we throw corn around.

Elusive wildlife makes the blind sider and now the blind sider 2, that work ( mount ) like a trail camera. We've had good luck so far with them. Again, not trying to be a jerk, or anything. Its just I wasted a lot of money on wild game stuff, and try to help others out. We don't use feeders either, hand corn only. And mount these exactly like a trail camera, tree or t post works great. They seem to get used to it in a couple nights, then use a sniper hawg light on the bow to intensify the light they have gotten used to.
                  Last edited by critter69; 11-21-2018, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Elusive wildlife makes the blind sider and now the blind sider 2, that work ( mount ) like a trail camera. We've had good luck so far with them. Again, not trying to be a jerk, or anything. Its just I wasted a lot of money on wild game stuff, and try to help others out.

Well now it’s no worries they triggered the light on and they are feeding now, going to let them get settled and I will update if I get one tonight, thanks guys!

Comment

If it's got wgi stamped on it, it's a pos.

Comment

They work !

Originally posted by Jenkins8PT View Post
                        I purchased two of these wildgame innovation moonshine lights and want to know if anyone on here has them and their opinion...
                        Is it motion censored or does it just stay on once dark hits? I have pigs coming after 11pm and I’m worried if it’s not motion censored then it will drain power by that time.

I've had two going since 2013, I believe. And they still work.

You can set them to activate by motion detection (20 seconds of light - actually 20 seconds of light after no more motion detected, so will stay on longer if continuous motion).....

OR, you can set them to come on at dusk for 2, 4, or 6 hrs continuous (which would drain battery quick, I'd think).

I leave mine on PIR (motion). Rechargable Battery lasts about a month this way. Would definitely last longer with solar panel.

Comment

“All WGI products are junk blah blah blah”

That’s fine, that’s your opinion. But if they suck that bad, name another camera in the same price range that is good..Don’t compare a $40 camera to a $120+ camera. I will take 3 $40 cameras and have a cam at three different locations before I dump $120 on one camera for one spot. I would love to hear of some comparable priced cameras though, if anybody knows of any.

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                            “All WGI products are junk blah blah blah”

That’s fine, that’s your opinion. But if they suck that bad, name another camera in the same price range that is good..Don’t compare a $40 camera to a $120+ camera. I will take 3 $40 cameras and have a cam at three different locations before I dump $120 on one camera for one spot. I would love to hear of some comparable priced cameras though, if anybody knows of any.
                            Atwood's runs a sale on stealth cam that is pretty good for the price. I bought a 3 pack for $99.99. I also run a WGI. Like you stated above, I'd rather run 3 cheap cams than 1 high dollar cam... especially here where they have a tendency to disappear from trespassers.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Ok here’s my first opinion on the moonshine light 2 by wildgame, it works and it’s easily triggered which is great. I’m almost 5 hours into it right out of the box no charge from sunlight and it’s came on and off over 20 time from pigs and deer since about 8:30, downfall as of now it only stays on for roughly 10-20 seconds which doesn’t give me a lot of time to get outside the back door and get set, I’d like it to stay on for atleast a minute but I guess to be able to perform the way it describes that’s the only way it can operate. So far so good though no complaints. Definitely has my heart racing when I see the light come on.

Comment

Working...
                              X