No announcement yet.

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=drop dead fred;13767823]Man there seems to be a lot of first timers on here asking some pretty risky questions...some of y’all really need to familiarize yourself with the gun laws. There’s a lot of grey areas and lots of us know what we can push the envelope on from experience (like game cameras, sd cards, an things of that nature), but guns are not something to play around with! If you don’t know ask your outfitter directly! Some of y’all are scaring me

Don't fret my friend! I was going to speak with the outfitter about it but I decided to ask here 1st as there are lots of very knowledgeable people here. Also I am sitting on the Persian Gulf and it's way easier to ask here versus dealing shotty phone service lol

Comment

Old Mexico 2018-2019

Also if you’re using a buddy’s rifle your buddy better be present! If stopped on ranch an you’re holding a rifle that’s not permitted to you well you’re in a world of trouble! I’ve chanced it before thinking ah were in the middle of nowhere no ones coming out here, and then pulled cards and the army was passing by my stand 2 days before! Ever sense then i check my own in or hunt side by side with whoever the gun is permitted to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by drop dead fred; 11-07-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

[quote=DKey88;13767856]
        Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
        Man there seems to be a lot of first timers on here asking some pretty risky questions...some of y’all really need to familiarize yourself with the gun laws. There’s a lot of grey areas and lots of us know what we can push the envelope on from experience (like game cameras, sd cards, an things of that nature), but guns are not something to play around with! If you don’t know ask your outfitter directly! Some of y’all are scaring me

Don't fret my friend! I was going to speak with the outfitter about it but I decided to ask here 1st as there are lots of very knowledgeable people here. Also I am sitting on the Persian Gulf and it's way easier to ask here versus dealing shotty phone service lol

This doesn’t directly all point at your comment, by there’s been lots of questions on this thread that have raised a level of concern that some may not understand the full ramifications for being wrong. Hope you didn’t take that as a direct insult if so my apologies! I just don’t want anyone getting in a situation that could affect their lives forever.

Comment

[QUOTE=drop dead fred;13767871][quote=DKey88;13767856]

This doesn’t directly all point at your comment, by there’s been lots of questions on this thread that have raised a level of concern that some may not understand the full ramifications for being wrong. Hope you didn’t take that as a direct insult if so my apologies! I just don’t want anyone getting in a situation that could affect their lives forever.

Oh, no it's all good. You we're genuinely looking out for us and it's much appreciated. Sorry if I came off as a smart @$$. It wasn't intentional.

Comment

Originally posted by RedDirt View Post
            And make sure you get your truck permit when needed. I’ll just leave it at that .

[emoji848] seems like I’ve heard that story

Comment

Where do you find the real laws that I can read for myself. Humberto Gomez told me our gun permits were good for our whole state and traveling from ranch to ranch wouldn’t be a problem. The guy that got us hooked up with these ranches wasn’t sure so he had me call Humberto. I’m reading otherwise on here.
              Seems like another case of depends on the day. I’d like to read them myself.
              It’s not worth prison time or LOTS of money.

Comment

The only thing we were told is that the tag has to match the name when you bring your horns/meat out.

Comment

Originally posted by DallasCoon12 View Post
                  Where do you find the real laws that I can read for myself. Humberto Gomez told me our gun permits were good for our whole state and traveling from ranch to ranch wouldn’t be a problem. The guy that got us hooked up with these ranches wasn’t sure so he had me call Humberto. I’m reading otherwise on here.
                  Seems like another case of depends on the day. I’d like to read them myself.
                  It’s not worth prison time or LOTS of money.

Law applying to firearms is regulated by the defense department, SEDENA. Their laws are online and i bet you can find it in there somewhere.
                  Your gun permit is issued based on your leasing of a property for recreational hunting and is attached to your hunting agreement. If you have multiple hunting agreements under your name, you can travel around. Otherwise, the gun is allowed to go only to the ranch for which you have a Hunting Agreement. It’s not a free-for-all permit. Your landowner is liable for your actions while you have that gun permit, so be careful what you do. His name is attached to that permit as well.

Comment

I was told exact same thing by Humberto used to use him for our permits also just need a hunting agreement for each ranch he's been around forever I trust him

Comment

Got it. I just reread the emails from Humberto and we have agreements for both ranches.
                      I have to admit I’m a little nervous about all of this.
                      Thanks for yalls concern and help.

Comment

Got it. I just reread the emails from Humberto and we have agreements for both ranches.

You are in good hands with Humberto.

Comment

If you have agreements from both ranches you have nothing to worry about. Just make sure you have them with you at all times.

Comment

I will for sure.

Comment

I’m hoping this happens

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X