Gun safe opinions? Brands and models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbeak View Post
    Think I found a deal. This guy on FB is selling his liberty Lincoln 50 for pretty cheap. Was just talking to my wife this morning about buying a 35 or 50 gun. Her reply was don't get the 35 you know you're gonna keep buying guns. Well couldn't argue with that. Liberty says the warranty transfers over to me.
    I think this is the one I am going to go with. Really thought I was going with the fatboy jr but they have this safe the cabelas version on sale for 1499 right now, installed outlet and light kit etc . bigger than I wanted for where it is going but by the time I buy and outlet kit, light and dehumidifier on the fatboy jr or 30 gun its the same price. Only downside I see is it weighs considerably more so getting it in is going to be a chore. weighs about 300lbs more than the one me and my brother moved in for my dad and we aren't small fellas

Comment

The only safe I could find that the door would not move at when locked is the Security Products and top of the line Canons I figured if the door would move at all it could not be air tight therefore it would let smoke in. I went with the Security Products safe with a 90 degree double key

Comment

When I got mine, I got the smaller one from Costco for a few reasons:

1. I have a pier and beam house, and the larger gun safes are crazy heavy, don't want to f up my foundation (or, for that matter, my hardwood floor) - so if you're going to get one of the big heavy massive ones, be sure you're putting it on concrete, as tile or hardwood probably won't take kindly to a few years.

2. the smaller ones can fit in a locked closet. To my mind, this is an added layer of security because the gun safe isn't just sitting out in the open being obviously full of valuable guns. Someone trying to thieve me would have to not only move the safe or open the safe, but also know or guess that the safe was in that particular closet and unlock that particular closet.

(Sounds like you want to put it in the garage - my only thought is that that's a LOT easier to get a truck close to, so be sure that you're sure about putting it there. I've heard stories of safes being jacked from garages.)

3. I figured I can get the big heavy one ALSO down the way a little bit. There's nothing wrong with having two safes.

Oh. And also, I was originally, like you, dead set against the electronic locks and wanted an old school rotary lock. You might re-think that and be sure. The new electronic locks are pretty good, and way faster to get in safe for emergency...
        Last edited by Ryan-in-SA1; 02-15-2018, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X