No announcement yet.

Anyone remembers these old war posters!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those were great, back when men were men.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      Those are great!

That's when Americans got behind the war effort. We believed in what we were fighting for and were willing to sacrifice for it and we believed we had a real enemy and we wanted to defeat them. Now we talk about the enemy like they are the kid next door....we sure don't want to "offend" anyone.
      True.

We are now partly a country of "Wussification" Just my $0.02.

Now there are rules against "torturing" the enemy, cannot waterboard them, etc.

Screw that. THEY ARE THE ENEMY. They will kill us. They have no rules against torturing or killing our children.

USA!!!!

Comment

Amazing that this type of war poster started with the Roman Empire! The NAZI and BIBLE one really got my attention. Religion has always been apart of wars!

Comment

Thanks for posting.....very cool

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Great posters ... but a little sad ... shows how far this nations mindset has changed.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              Those are great!

That's when Americans got behind the war effort. We believed in what we were fighting for and were willing to sacrifice for it and we believed we had a real enemy and we wanted to defeat them. Now we talk about the enemy like they are the kid next door....we sure don't want to "offend" anyone.
              Very well said!

So sad

Comment

Look how much America has changed in just 70 years. I can't imagine what it is going to be like in another 70.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  With such a large percentage of the population working in various parts of the war effort there was danger that people running their mouths to the wrong people would compromise military security. There was a perceived danger that someone you were chatting with at a bar could be a German spy. The "careless talk" slogan is similar to the more widely used "Loose lips sink ships"
                  Thanks Jerp.

Comment

I, would normally comment on such a thread........
                    But,I seem to be suffering,an allergy attack...

No apology offered.

Comment

Originally posted by BigYoung View Post
                      Great posters Stan. 3rd one of paratrooper dead before he hit the ground really speaks to the courage and sacrifice of our soldiers.

I'm not understanding the message of "Careless Talk, got there first" though. Can someone splain it to me?
                      loose lips sink ships.

careless talk about times, dates, headcount, etc will fall into enemy hands

Comment

Nope I'm not old enough to remember those but I have seen them before. Too bad we don't still do that and as Tommyh said, Loose lips sink ships...someone should tell that to the media.

In fact I don't think the media should be in combat unless their footage and reporting is censored as it was during WW-II.

Comment

The greatest generation in American history!! That generation of Americans were a proud bunch, many of our parents or in my case grandparents were part of that generation. Almost glad my grand parents aren't around to see where we are today.....still miss them a lot tho and man what I wouldn't give to here some more WWII stories from my grandad and how it was back in their day. Didn't appreciate it enough when I was younger.

Comment

I never saw those, but gosh I wish we had them around today. They instill a lot of patriotic pride, which seems to be missing from a lot of people today.

Comment

Careless words got there first.....still don't understand why we allow the media in our buisness. Excellent post...

Comment

Thoroughly enjoyed this post, great posters, what a different world we live in

Comment

Working...
                                X