No announcement yet.

Another tundra question ...bed length.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah... I wasn't real clear on my question, my bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Being on my deer lease without a 4WD truck is just asking for problems. We are close to 1.75 miles from the front and its the muddiest part of the lease. It's not horribly deep but it will fill tires up quick and stick. Cost is well worth the peace of mind to me of not getting stuck 5 hours away. My diesel dog that plows in mud with the heavy front end is not great in it either, but the guys who have gassers move through it like nothing. 2WD is super suspect. Most get parked at the front gate if its gonna rain.
      I got the tss off road but opted out of the 4x4...you can get stuck in a vehicle with tracks on our lease & the 4x4 just get's you stuck'r. They have stuck the tractor trying to get trucks out. We can always get to camp & half way up the main road but the clay is just unforgiving & I think Dad is the only person who hasn't stuck his truck because he doesn't play in the mud anymore & how I'm getting. We have the most evil soil on the planet when wet.

The past several years I used my 4x4 maybe 2-3 times a year & was a just in case & didn't really need it. With today's tech & knowing what's coming I just didn't see the point as little as I now care to dare. Now if we were in sandy country it would be different.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I got the tss off road but opted out of the 4x4...you can get stuck in a vehicle with tracks on our lease & the 4x4 just get's you stuck'r. They have stuck the tractor trying to get trucks out. We can always get to camp & half way up the main road but the clay is just unforgiving & I think Dad is the only person who hasn't stuck his truck because he doesn't play in the mud anymore & how I'm getting. We have the most evil soil on the planet when wet.

The past several years I used my 4x4 maybe 2-3 times a year & was a just in case & didn't really need it. With today's tech & knowing what's coming I just didn't see the point as little as I now care to dare. Now if we were in sandy country it would be different.
        I guess every place is different. You won’t run around on our lease after a rain in 2wd, but you can pretty much go anywhere in 4wd.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
          Oh, I agree that 4WD is a valuable asset... just didn't know how good the tundra 4WD system was. Some are better than others...functionality wise.

It’s ok, but learning how to turn of the traction control will save you a lot of headaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

on the tundra can you get all 4 wheels spinning aka using the breaks to actuate it. or is it FL & BR wheels spinning.

guys I apologize for my ignorance on the toyota capabilities and figure I will only pull the the trigger on one other truck in my lifetime.

so i am trying to get questions answered about 18" vs 20" WHEELS IS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER....OR DO THEY JUST COST ALOT MORE

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
              on the tundra can you get all 4 wheels spinning aka using the breaks to actuate it. or is it FL & BR wheels spinning.

guys I apologize for my ignorance on the toyota capabilities and figure I will only pull the the trigger on one other truck in my lifetime.

so i am trying to get questions answered about 18" vs 20" WHEELS IS ONE BETTER THAN THE OTHER....OR DO THEY JUST COST ALOT MORE

I think the 18” looks better. Plus I like a little more rubber showing. My current diesel is 16.5. Lotsa rubber showing on the diesel dawg..

Comment

I like the 20’s better than the 18 from a looks perspective.

I’ve never had our truck in mud since I have a ranch truck, but I do use the 4 wheel drive at the beach pretty regularly and have never had a issue.

You have the ability to turn the traction control off.

Comment

Thanx folks, this discussion has been helpful.

Comment

Yes you can make all 4 tires spin, if TC is on, functioning as a LS.
                    But, with all the nannies turned off you're just rolling with a open diff front and rear.
                    We don't have a true LS like some believe.
                    Only options for a true LS or Locker, are Auburn & ARB.

Toyota's fwd is great imo, and a must have.
                    I hope I never live a life where not having 4x4 is even considerable.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                      I like the 20’s better than the 18 from a looks perspective.

Dang millennial [emoji2957][emoji23]. In 5 years you’ll have 22-25s on it.[emoji41]

If I roll with a Tundra. Even though I like the more rubber look, whatever mine comes, with I’m sticking with. I’m not paying extra for gaining or losing 2”.

“That’s what she said.”

Comment

The 20’s are so common now not a big deal. I have 275x60 R20 and they are a good amount of sidewall. Not a rubber band by any stretch. I hate that look.

Comment

Another tundra question ...bed length.

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                          The 20’s are so common now not a big deal. I have 275x60 R20 and they are a good amount of sidewall. Not a rubber band by any stretch. I hate that look.

Common doesn’t always mean better [emoji12]. I mean look at skinny jeans and bling belts [emoji16]

Kidding[emoji41][emoji2957]
                          Last edited by Smart; 02-18-2020, 08:11 AM.

Comment

I have a crew max and my father double cab. We can squeeze car seat in but wouldn’t want it for everyday use.

Comment

On my way into work, I passed a Tundra with 22 or 24s that looked like a 2WD truck (no decals or tailgate tag). Thought of you Mayhem[emoji2957][emoji23]

20s are defintiely better than those ..

Comment

You can take your Tundra off road experience up a notch if you install an ARB Locker. The Auburn LSD will wear out after a while.

Comment

Working...
                                X