Waco mini series. Branch Davidian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waco mini series. Branch Davidian

Looks like they are fixing to start the filming for a new mini series on the sect in Waco. Santa fe county. Be interesting to see how they portray all involved parties.

Waco, a star-studded miniseries about the notorious 1993 standoff between the Branch Davidian sect and federal authorities, will soon begin filming in Santa Fe County.
    Dustin Dellavecchia, an assistant production coordinator, said the six-episode series was in preproduction at Santa Fe Studios. Local film industry sources said producers have begun scouting exterior county locations, as well.
    Dellavecchia said he could not provide more information about when Waco would start principal photography or how many crewmembers it would hire.
    The New York City-based Weinstein Co., producing the show, did not respond to a request for comment.
    Waco will star Taylor Kitsch as David Koresh, leader of the Branch Davidians, and Michael Shannon as FBI negotiator Gary Noesner.
    Shannon, a supporting-actor nominee at the recent Academy Awards, filmed the Afghanistan war drama Horse Soldiers in Southern New Mexico in the fall. Kitsch is part of the ensemble cast of Granite Mountain, the firefighting epic that shot across Northern New Mexico last summer.
    Ludacris, the recording artist and actor, is rumored to play one of the sect members.
    The miniseries will chronicle the 51-day siege and bloody final assault on the Branch Davidians’ compound outside Waco, Texas, that left more than 80 dead.
    Spike TV, a cable network known more for reality programming, won what The Hollywood Reporter described as a highly competitive bidding process for the scripted Waco. A premiere date has not been announced.
    Waco would appear to be part of a true-crime television trend in line with critical successes Making a Murderer, the Netflix documentary series, and The People v. O.J. Simpson: American Crime Story, an FX anthology miniseries that earned 22 Emmy Award nominations last fall.
    New Mexico, in landing Waco, has been cast as its neighboring state once again. The Land of Enchantment doubled for Texas landscapes in last year’s neo-Western drama Hell or High Water, a best picture nominee at the Academy Awards; Preacher, the FX series based on the comic books of the same name; and parts of the recently released Logan, a standalone X-Men film that shot in Northern New Mexico last summer.

They are clearly confused in thinking Mt Carmel was an actual mountain

Comment

It's Hollywood. I'm betting it's half horse crap, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        And the other half is Bull @#$%

Comment

Having studied the negotiation process and all it's failures, I can't wait to see how that part is portrayed.

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post

That don't leave much room for the truth

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
              Originally posted by Jerry H View Post
              That don't leave much room for the truth
              Sometimes a mini series will work out and be good. Sometimes not so much.

Could be an interesting subject though.

Comment

Having spent 51 days out there during the stand-off, I would bet this mini-series is as jacked up as the media coverage and armchair quarterbacks were back in 1993. No, I'm not a surviving Davidian...I was on the outside, looking in...CONTOMS-DOD Certified Tactical Paramedic, was there for the initial raid and didn't leave but once between day one and the charred remains of the compound. I still carry the 91st Psalm that was hand written and given to me to put behind my chest plate on my vest the morning of the initial raid. I just wish a fraction of what was reported or surmised was the truth... but it was not. I won't waste my time watching this mini-series... I'm sure it will do nothing but **** me off.

Comment

Thanks for your service, Helibow. That was a dark time.

Comment

Should be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by helibow View Post
                      Having spent 51 days out there during the stand-off, I would bet this mini-series is as jacked up as the media coverage and armchair quarterbacks were back in 1993. No, I'm not a surviving Davidian...I was on the outside, looking in...CONTOMS-DOD Certified Tactical Paramedic, was there for the initial raid and didn't leave but once between day one and the charred remains of the compound. I still carry the 91st Psalm that was hand written and given to me to put behind my chest plate on my vest the morning of the initial raid. I just wish a fraction of what was reported or surmised was the truth... but it was not. I won't waste my time watching this mini-series... I'm sure it will do nothing but **** me off.
                      Would be really interested in your perspective. I was in the 8th grade but remember the news coverage

Comment

When i was a kid i saw an episode of fantsy island where the fantasy was taking over lace in Waco Tx. Only problem is the scenery looked more like a small town surrounded by the Rockies. Be interesting how Waco looks in this series.
                        As for the series, i really hope it tells the real story of what happened

Comment

Been done.. they got it wrong then, they'll do it again.
                          No interest.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                            Would be really interested in your perspective. I was in the 8th grade but remember the news coverage
                            Me too, Would be interested in your side of the story1!!!!!!

Comment

What I know is that good people, on both sides of the fence, died. And many others had a significant impact made on their life based on what they saw and experienced. it was a flawed mission from the get-go... Hind sight is 20/20 and I am hopeful that many local, state and federal law enforcement officers have learned from studying and reviewing the successes and losses during that event. It was a very different time, a very different political environment and if it were to happen today could likely have a very different outcome. I generally tend to not go into details, but I will tell you this was not just a religious cult with a general curiosity about guns... they were well trained and experienced in their shooting techniques. They were prepared and ready... I will say officers were fired upon and hit prior to brandishing their own weapon in a threatening manner.

For the record, I will not debate the political nature of the event, nor will I get into a "who was right and who was wrong" discussion.

I will never forget Conway LeBlue - New Orleans Field Office, Todd McKeehan - New Orleans Field Office, Robert John Williams - Little Rock Field Office and Steven Willis - Houston Field Office. I personally worked to resuscitate two of these officers, it is as vivid today as it was in 1993.

Comment

Working...
                              X