Another old one came home with me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another old one came home with me

Spent the last few days hunting back home in N.Louisiana. Nice to spend time in the woods with my dad but the hunting was poor. Saw some deer, almost all bucks surprisingly, but never had a good shot if I had wanted to take one.

I always make a point to visit a few places when I'm back home that seem to always have something interesting. Found another gem this week and had to bring it home with me.

A 1952 Remington 760 in 300 savage. This one has had the butt-stock replaced and shows the nicks and dings of a gun that was used but otherwise well taken care of. I would love to know the stories this 64 year old gun could tell.

I've got it's cousin in 35 Remington and maybe someday I'll find the elusive 760 in 257 Roberts.

nice

Comment

That is sweet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

Oh yeah! Great rifle.. my dad still hunts with his 760 .243. It's lined up on over 40 seasons of whitetail hunting here in TX.

Comment

That's a nice find. I have a friend that has an old one in .223

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Being a lefty the 760/7600 rifles work well for me and every one that I've owned has been a good shooter. The older ones with the drop stocks are hard kickers though. I've got a 270 that is uncomfortable to shoot more than few times.

I find a lot of these guns on the used shelves back in N.La and many have the see-thru mounts and low power scopes. Running dogs was, and still is, popular there and these fast-handling guns were popular with that crowd. I guess they are trading in their pumps and lever guns for BAR's.

Comment

Working...
              X