Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slvania Ultra is what I have and they are bright

Comment

I love my hids! Had em for about a year so far, but if you do go hid, use grease and wrap the crap out of them with electrical tape because moisture will get to them, and they will stop working! I just ordered a set from ddm tuning, and they have lifetime warranty, so definitely get some with a lifetime warranty

Comment

Tagged! Want to replace mine on a 99 F350.

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
          I love my hids! Had em for about a year so far, but if you do go hid, use grease and wrap the crap out of them with electrical tape because moisture will get to them, and they will stop working! I just ordered a set from ddm tuning, and they have lifetime warranty, so definitely get some with a lifetime warranty
          So what you're sayin is...wrap your lights in grease and electrical tape

Comment

right

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              So what you're sayin is...wrap your lights in grease and electrical tape

No lol, wrap the CONNECTIONS with tape!!

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                I had SilverStar zXe's in my 2010 Chevy I just traded in and boy those suckers were bright! If you install these you might as well keep your hand on your lo/hi toggle because you get flashed constantly
                Don't you think if you are causing others to flash you that maybe have too bright of headlights, or they are angled wrong?

Seems it is becoming more common to buy the brightest lights you can find, HID, LED, xenon, or whatever, but it's pretty dangerous for others on the road. If you are behind them, it blinds them while trying to change lanes or keep a watch on all cars around them. Don't even have to mention the issues with oncoming traffic.

If you want bright lights for offroading, add extra lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Wits_End View Post
                  Don't you think if you are causing others to flash you that maybe have too bright of headlights, or they are angled wrong?

Seems it is becoming more common to buy the brightest lights you can find, HID, LED, xenon, or whatever, but it's pretty dangerous for others on the road. If you are behind them, it blinds them while trying to change lanes or keep a watch on all cars around them. Don't even have to mention the issues with oncoming traffic.

If you want bright lights for offroading, add extra lights.
                  Bright headlights and a lift were the cause. I've since traded that truck in and have a truck with a 3" lift and get flashed with the factory lights. I'm sure they are angled wrong for the convenience of other drivers on the road, and I'm also sure the improvements in light technology also have a factor.

To answer your question I want bright headlights while I'm driving down dark highway, purely a safety issue.

Comment

On a side note I played the light flashing game with the wrong guy a couple weeks back and he lit me up with a massive lightbar!!

Comment

Bright aftermarket headlights??????

Originally posted by jason.dickens View Post
                      Looking to get some new headlights for the 99 f250. Looking for something under $200. Already have lightbars on the truck and have upgraded the bulbs in the headlights. Just wanting some suggestions and pics also!!

I've been around this block many times. At your price point, the best option is the Sylvania Silverstar bulb. Philips also makes one called the x-treme vision. They're both a direct plug and play replacement for your existing bulb and requires no modification. Might want to clean/buff your headlight housing at the same time. If it's cloudy, it won't matter if you put Halley's Comet inside the housing.

If you want HIDs, that's cool too. You can't just get new bulbs though; you need a new housing called a "projector lens" that focuses the light down onto the road (and out of my face). There's some modification work involved. Best to google it. If you skip the projectors and just get HID bulbs, you'll be annoying everyone on the road.

Please do not use off road LEDs for highway driving. It's illegal, but more importantly, it's annoying as hell for everyone else.

Hope that's helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by knighttime View Post
                        On a side note I played the light flashing game with the wrong guy a couple weeks back and he lit me up with a massive lightbar!!

You have to wait till the last second to flash them back. Them it is too late for them to respond.

Comment

Originally posted by esp View Post
                          You have to wait till the last second to flash them back. Them it is too late for them to respond.
                          Wellllllllllll he set me up pretty good. He flashed his brights from a good distance so I waited till I was a good 50 yards from him so I could let him fully understand those weren't my brights. Well he must have been prepared and flipped on those LED's and almost put me in the ditch. However I think the little beat up lincoln towncar in front of him about 20 yards got the brunt of the light show...

Comment

After going through this issue though I think I'm just going to improve my bright beams since they will be on when I truly "need" to light up the road and I think I'm going to upgrade my fog light bulbs since I tend to run around with those on as well.

Comment

Tagged

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                                No lol, wrap the CONNECTIONS with tape!!
                                maybe try solder shrink wrap and liquid tape. pretty sure that will work better than grease and electrical tape

Comment

Working...
                                X