Rucking (Ruck Marching)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
    I am now at 102!! Ranger panties, boonie, over the calf socks, and boots!!
    No pictures required...

BTW, living up to your TBH name with 42#, sub 15 minute miles over 8 miles!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post

BTW, living up to your TBH name with 42#, sub 15 minute miles over 8 miles!

Dang! That's awesome. My small legs wont let me "walk" that fast.

Comment

So, my plan for the 50 mile train up is to hit 3 rucks during the week in the evening heat (only time I can find) at 50# for 3-4 miles and then hit an early morning Sunday ruck with the Star load out (20#, full 3L water bladder, some chow, etc) for longer miles (starting at 8 this weekend and probably building to 20 or 22). I'll be hitting the gym on the evenings I'm not rucking for strength/cardio work. The mileage isn't optimal in my opinion, but myself and the folks I'll be going with are multiple Bataan finishers, plus some GR events, so I know what 26.2 feels like and am confident that beyond that distance it's just gonna hurt so just mentally grinding it out is the only option.

Comment

What's the time limit?

Comment

What's the time limit?

20 hours. So, an average of 24:00/mile.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
              20 hours. So, an average of 24:00/mile.
              Whats the ruck weight requirement.... i am intrigued... although timing is bad...

Comment

Whats the ruck weight requirement.... i am intrigued... although timing is bad...

Weight requirement is "only" 20# dry weight, but after the long haul along the Trinity overnight (The D.C. overnight was +/- 32 miles) you are given a list of waypoints you have to hit (the waypoints are sorta kinda arranged in the pattern of a star, which is what they do in one of the evolutions in the SF qualification course) in any order of your choosing but the course designers have arranged that at a minimum you will hit 50 miles when you're done. You can run unsupported or supported, just no transport of folks or weight. My wife is looking at being there with us and we'll be able to call her for water/chow drops if needed, plus you can hit up stores and such if they're in the area. I don't know why I let myself get talked into these things, but here we are.

Here's a link to the event.

Comment

I don't know why I am even thinking about this...

20# is nothing...
                  50 miles is a lot...
                  20 hour seems like a lot... but it's not...
                  12 weeks to train up is doable... but...

Before my setback (unrelated to rucking) I was considering doing a 1 day 40 miler for turning 40... so what is an additional 10 miles...

October 12th... I feel like there is something going on that weekend (checking...)

Why am I even thinking about this...

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                    So, evidently I suck out loud at resisting peer pressure and signed up for this over the weekend.

[ATTACH]915885[/ATTACH]
                    I’m signed up also.

Maybe we can get together for beer and pizza beforehand!

Comment

Originally posted by flatlander View Post
                      I’m signed up also.

Maybe we can get together for beer and pizza beforehand!
                      That’s sounds like a helluva idea. We’re probably driving up that morning. Tagged some miles after work yesterday and today. Went with 50# today. 100 degrees air temp and 106 heat index will get in your kitchen in a hurry.

Comment

8.5 miles this morning with the event loadout. I can see about mile 30 that ruck is gonna start to be annoying.

Comment

Scheduled a 12 miler this morning but decided along the route it was a half Mary kinda day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	C48E745A-CED7-437A-91DF-34EA9F1E499D.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	42.1 KB
ID:	24547279

Comment

Did my first one today to try out some elk boots. 18 lb pack. I got passed by a turtle and honked at by a sloth. Heel pain and 96 degree temps added to the rucknanza.

Comment

I’m having a rough time. I made a 500’ elevation gain over a 1/2 a mile Friday morning. Coming down was the worst part. I’m sore all over.

3 weeks straight in the hills. Baby steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This AM. 20 pounds on the pack.
                                It ain’t speedy at all.

A few photos of the hike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X