Nocks and bushings.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nocks and bushings.

Curious what some of y'all prefer in this combo. I just ordered some GT accu bushings and GTO nocks. I got to admit that my decision was based on no real knowledge of the rear end components but seeing the need to add some protection to the back of the arrow. And according to OT2 a little weight on the back should help.

Bear with me everybody that weighs in around here in the EandT conversations. I'm really trying to up my tuning game and soak it all in.

Thanks,

Needing to add protection? Sounds like youre stacking the arrows pretty tight. Busting nocks?

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
      Needing to add protection? Sounds like youre stacking the arrows pretty tight. Busting nocks?
      I typically only group arrows when I am messing with changes to the bow or arrow set up. Once I feel better squared away I practice with different spots on the target.

To make a long story short: I have been shooting a Z7 E for the last few years that is well tuned between going out to Rat's house and minor tweaks at the local shop and me fiddling with different arrow set ups. I am comfortable shooting out to 90 yds with this thing. I recently got my hands on a Nitrum Turbo that I have been trying out my skills with setting up and trying to take a more of an active role in applying what I know and getting hands on knowledge in setting up. You gotta start somewhere, right. Yoke tuning is next (the bow is out of whack and I will get Rat to help with this) but I am messing with new arrows right now also. I have been shooting FMJ's for years and have started branching out. Just trying to expand my knowledge on different arrow components and such.
      Last edited by Stoof; 04-05-2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Cool. Same here.

90yds is pretty kick ***!

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
          Cool. Same here.

90yds is pretty kick ***!
          Foam only at those distances.

Comment

Personally I like pin bushing and pin nocks. Regular bushing and nocks are better than regular nocks and inside the arrow. Pin nocks provide more protection than regular bushings and regular bushing provide more protection than no bushings.

But, if you are going to add the weight to the back anyway, you might as well go with a pin nock set up IMO.

Comment

Working...
            X