Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popping Cork?

Headed to the bay again on Saturday.

I want to try something artificial on my popping cork set up.

What are you using and how are you rigging it up?

These look pretty dang real!

D.O.A.
    Attached Files

Comment

Mid coast products Nexus 4 with about a 16-18 inch flouro leader gulp power mullet plum on 1/16 jig head.
      Last edited by finfeather98; 08-03-2017, 01:19 PM. Reason: wrong spelling

Comment

Gulp under some Coastal Corks! #getintheclick

Comment

Popping cork isn't my favorite technique to use but sometimes the conditions call for it! Amazon Affiliate Links:Popping Cork (overpriced)- http://amzn.to/2n...

this guy has a bunch of good videos, this one is on popping corks

Comment

Gulp shrimp

Either hook through the nose with a treble hook or a small straight hook coming out the back. I don't use any weight on it

Comment

Mid coast is a good cork. I prefer the evolution with gulp mantis shrimp under it.

Comment

Originally posted by finfeather98 View Post
                Mid coast products Nexus 4 with about a 16-18 inch flouro leader gulp power mullet plum on 1/16 jig head.
                Thanks, just looked that setup up on google.

Comment

Cajun Thunder corks are great. I prefer the stainless wire. Had bull reds pull the crimps out before. Stainless wont do that.

Depending on the depth, some flouro leader with a 1/0 Kahle Hook. Maybe add a split shot for longer lengths.

Comment

I have caught many tournament reds on popping cork and gulp. Proven producer. I like the sound of the mid-coast the best, but they aren't as durable. I use a 1/4 jighead under the cork, and usually about a 12" leader.

Comment

I'll run a Gulp shrimp under a cork a good bit and get both reds and trout on them. I like the New Penney and LSU colors....

Comment

Time for a trip to academy!!!

I've always just used the already rigged popping corks with live shrimp. I mean it works but dang I go through a ton of bait. Just want to venture out a bit.

Comment

if going with gulp (which is recommended), either new penny 3 inch or the swirly tails of your choice, try a 1/16-1/8 ounce screw on jig head.

Comment

Down south lures, chicken boy, gulp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Be prepared to spend some coin if you go with gulp. They're productive but the pin fish will tear them to pieces fast and usually 1 or 2 fish will destroy them. For that reason I use the Vodoo shrimp and have caught 25 fish on 1 before it gives out. I'll throw a little shrimp scent on it while I'm fishing it also.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X