This is how I'm practicing-pics included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is how I'm practicing-pics included

I was tired of having these huge bulls eyes, so now I'm shooting at a pice of tape. Aim small, miss small.

I'm shooting only out to 15yrds right now. I really only want a 10-12yrd shot at a deer. Just not comfortable beyond that right now.

Still working on consistency. I'm shooting daily, even if it's only 3 arrows by porch light.

The hunt is Dec 23-26.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will only shoot one arrow, at a time..walk down, grab and repeat.. Really helped me, in the past..ive not shot in over 2 years..since blowing out my shoulder

Comment

Playing golf, I would practice putting to a golf tee rather than the cup. It will help a bunch.

Comment

I read an article that tightened my group in this months Texas Bowhunter about setting up to shoot and holding on target as long as possible w/o actually releasing an arrow. Ill only shoot to 15 but I practice at 25 because it makes my group at 15 tighter. Good Luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

I was tired of having these huge bulls eyes, so now I'm shooting at a pice of tape. Aim small, miss small.

I'm shooting only out to 15yrds right now. I really only want a 10-12yrd shot at a deer. Just not comfortable beyond that right now.

Still working on consistency. I'm shooting daily, even if it's only 3 arrows by porch light.

The hunt is Dec 23-26.

I absolutely despise shooting bag or block targets with multiple "bullseyes" or small targets on the faces because to me it makes it so much harder to focus and really pull groups together. I tell people all the time the best thing to do to improve accuracy and consistency is only having the one point to focus on when practicing which for me makes it easier when it comes to an animal or 3D target to pick out that one little flaw or tuft of hair to focus on and try and hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmh05 View Post

The hunt is Dec 23-26.

Cool deal. I like to shoot golf tee's

Comment

I do most of my shooting at 15 yards. 3/4" dot. But 10 to 12 is what I put hand corn out at.

Gary

Comment

I would put a little black spot on that tape with a felt tip marker, and not dead center. I usually put my dot bottom center for no real reason. If you miss the tap by a hair, you miss the tap. If you miss the dot by a hair, you still hit the tap. Aim small, miss small.

Comment

Working...
                X