Is this enough cover for a tripod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have permission to hunt a friends property. This is his feeder placed where he wants it. I'm not about to ask him to move it. This is the only tree near the feeder. I normally hunt out of a pop up but I am thinking of trying a tripod next year. Is this tree too sparse?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TXbowman; 01-14-2019, 09:08 PM.

I'm guessing you meant to add a photo????

Comment

No pic but if you have plenty of backcover and some type of front sidecover you should be ok. I probably should wait for the pic. LOL

Comment

Blends pretty well

Comment

Might be a good candidate for a lean to or a strap on as tripod might put you to far in open. Setup behind tree and cut a window out maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Last edited by bmac; 01-14-2019, 09:13 PM. Reason: Added picture

Comment

What tripod? Guess the answer is yes....

Comment

I’d put the tripod behind the tree and cut a good shooting hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I see the before picture where is the after picture.

Comment

Your getting picked off a lot in that lone tree. Id back o and hand corn in the area where you can get sufficient cover.

Comment

That looks like a good tree for a Gametamer stand, but I agree with Glen; Deer will be coming from all around you, and you may be spotted more than you want.

Comment

deer will also most likely come from that draw in the background. That puts you at a bad wind either coming or when in front. I would sit in that box blind he rifle hunts with a pair of binos and figure out movement and find a place to hunt.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Yes

Comment

Based on the pic....you could have several options. You could put a tripod behind it. A Loc-On may work. This way you could brush yourself in. Move the feeder if that is an option. I use a tripod and brush in behind me and to my left side. This way I can draw behind some cover and lean over a couple of inches to shoot. They never know I am there. Good luck with your choices. This is what makes what we do part of the fun.

Comment

I would have no issue with the cover of that tree. I hunted closer and with less cover than that with no issue this year.

I would do it!

Comment

Working...
                              X