Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hated to do it but it had to be done....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hated to do it but it had to be done....

I had the distinct honor of calling my best friend/best man/godfather of my children to tell him that we are kicking him off our lease this afternoon.

My phone rings at 8 am;
    Him: I need to confess to something, I think I screwed up.
    Me: fire at will, you have my attention....
    H: my brother in-law killed a buck
    M; kewl, where at??
    H: My stand
    M: whaaaa????? Ughhhh explain....
    H: so, you know I was going to take my 13 yr old nephew pig hunting on Saturday; right... well his dad decided to come... so I put him in my stand and well..... he shot a buck.
    M: (at least 5 seconds of silence) he what????
    H: (to save time) insert every excuse you could possibly imagine...
    M: he what????
    M: did you not tell him that couldn't shoot anything but pigs??
    H: I didnt think he would see anything.
    M: (another 5-10 seconds of silence) you know that 5 of us havent killed our buck; right....
    H: I didnt think he would see anything

3 phone calls and A LOT of apologies later....

M: sorry but you are not allowed back on the property. Once season is over we will help you get your stuff off.

It has been a long day!!! We hunt on family land. Family only except this guy. It took me 3 years of asking before my Father in-law allowed him to come "visit"... last year the family finally agreed to let him hunt. He killed his first deer ever last year and got a nice little basket 8 this year. I feel horrible but it had to be done.

Ouch. That’s tough

Comment

Trust takes years to earn and a split second to destroy. Good call.

Comment

Members have to be responsible for their guest. Had to be done, you had no choice.

Comment

At least he admitted it. Gotta respect him for that. Hopefully the friendship wont come to an end over it.

Comment

Is he on TBH?

And yep, it blows having to do that.

Comment

Tough call but one that needed to be made. I hope it all works out.

Comment

Originally posted by Possum Fat View Post
                At least he admitted it. Gotta respect him for that. Hopefully the friendship wont come to an end over it.
                His friendship is more important than a deer. I'd take a bullet for this guy.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                  Is he on TBH?

And yep, it blows having to do that.
                  No

Comment

Dang! His bad. Good on you for doing what needed to be done. Dang!

Comment

Being lease boss sucks huh? BTDT

Comment

If you had let him get by with it, you gotta let everyone else get by with it too. Sucks, but yessir, it had to be done.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Guest and guest of guest wreck deer lease rules. Sorry for you, but that's on your buddy, he knew the BIL did wrong and that's that. It's business not personal. Sucks, sorry for your situation.

Comment

He screwed up but at least he admitted it and didnt hide it like so many would try to do. Kudos to you for doing what had to be done. Not a pleasant situation some dip**** put both of you in.

Comment

Never fun to have to deal with things like that. I had to deal with my best friend recently on a matter. I lost sleep over the deal. Probably best not to let guests sit by themselves with a gun. We did that once with instructions to only shoot a specific axis cull. What got shot was our best young spotted fallow.

Comment

Working...
                              X