This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
    I am looking at buying this one. A guyI work with has a friend with this one and sent us a video yesterday of him shooting pigs at 115 yards and it was bada55
    This is the one he has:

https://www.amazon.com/ATN-Corporati...on+scope&psc=1
    I would buy a sightmark before anything ATN just based off the reviews I’ve read regarding customer support.

Comment

Got her first hog using an ATN Pro 4k on a Ruger American .450 Bushmaster... It’s a match made in heaven!

Comment

In on this. I'm definitely getting one next month.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
          I would buy a sightmark before anything ATN just based off the reviews I’ve read regarding customer support.
          Yeah ATN doesn’t have a great record regarding customer support. That being said, I switched from Sightmark to ATN optics strictly based on quality and performance.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_g View Post
            Yeah ATN doesn’t have a great record regarding customer support. That being said, I switched from Sightmark to ATN optics strictly based on quality and performance.
            My atn has proven very effective for less than $600, all i need in East TX. Going to spend a good chunk of change on a nice monocular that i can use to drive around my lease with no lights on other than the infrared bar!

Comment

[QUOTE=Outdoor Legacy;13926142]Yes sir I'd highly recommend the Sightmark Photon RT 4.5x42S for $549. Right out of the box you can see 200-250 yards with no extra IR illumination. It's got internal video recording, a super bright built in IR illuminator and its a proven tried and true, proven scope over the last 12 months. Here is my full review on the scope. It's very long but if you really want to know all about the scope before you purchase, it's worth the time to watch.

How’s the battery life? Any battery upgrades available or recommendations on this unit?

Comment

Originally posted by justindiehl7 View Post
                My atn has proven very effective for less than $600, all i need in East TX. Going to spend a good chunk of change on a nice monocular that i can use to drive around my lease with no lights on other than the infrared bar!
                Honestly I kept one of my old photons around just to use as a monocular... But I’m cheap like that!

Comment

Just watched the video. Looks like battery life has greatly improved. I had one and returned it within a day of buying it when they first came out. It ate batteries like crazy. Real interested once again. Definitely will be linterested in the rechargeable battery pack once those are available. 2 hrs +/- on regular batteries and up to 3 hrs on rechargeable pack is pretty good.

Comment

I am looking at buying this one. A guyI work with has a friend with this one and sent us a video yesterday of him shooting pigs at 115 yards and it was bada55
                    This is the one he has:

https://www.amazon.com/ATN-Corporati...on+scope&psc=1
                    That was probably me! If you work at enterprise it was definitely me! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
                      That was probably me! If you work at enterprise it was definitely me! Lol
                      Yes sir I do! C. Harryman is who I work with and showed me!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Yes sir I do! C. Harryman is who I work with and showed me!

Thats what I figured! Lol You poor fella for havin to work with him! The truth is, hes one of my only real friends. The kind of guy that you can depend on if youre in a bind. But dont tell him I said that.

Back to the scope, its SWEET! I love mine and its easy to use

Comment

Originally posted by stringmusic View Post
                          Thats what I figured! Lol You poor fella for havin to work with him! The truth is, hes one of my only real friends. The kind of guy that you can depend on if youre in a bind. But dont tell him I said that.

Back to the scope, its SWEET! I love mine and its easy to use
                          The 2nd to last sentence is 105% on point!!

He's got me and another buddy wanting the scope you have

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post

How’s the battery life? Any battery upgrades available or recommendations on this unit?
                            Not great BUT you have to consider this....4AA batteries are running not only the scope but the brightest built in IR illuminator on any digital scope on the market. The illuminator is actually as bright or brighter than most external IR's. For the past models you really needed a $200 external IR to see well out past 125-150 yards (depending on the model) and the RT's will see 200+. So instead of having the buy another piece of equipment and putting batteries in it, you can do it all with the internal batteries.

The other nice thing is you can use any standard USB external battery pack but the best deal going is the Pulsar DNV rechargeable battery packs that work with the Photon RT. They are a sealed battery pack that will replace the AA's and you can't tell from the outside if you're using AA's or the rechargeables. It's a super option for not adding any bulk or weight to the scope and I got 40% longer battery life out of the DNV's in my controlled tests.

- Jason

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowslinger1 View Post
                              ..... Definitely will be linterested in the rechargeable battery pack once those are available.
                              They are available and I sell them like crazy. We're out of stock right now and Pulsar is too, but they should be back in soon.

Link: Pulsar DNV Battery Packs for Photon RT

Comment

I have been looking real hard at a RXQ30V. Pretty much have the money in hand, but now starting to second guess my choice.

The size I like. The green display I don't have a problem with, or the minimal features either. But I would like to ID and shoot a coyote at 200 yards, and the folks I have talked to, none of them will say for sure it will do that. If it will, that is great, and the direction I will go. Will it, or will it not?

If not...

$1900 is a pretty big chunk of change for me, and I don't want spend it on something I won't be happy with. What is the next level in performance, and what does it take to get there? How much money/what brand and model of thermal will it take to do what I want?

Comment

Working...
                                X