The Forbidden Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Forbidden Zone

Drove up 287 to a funeral in Arlington today. Why is the area below Richland-Chambers so forbidden? I get no trepasing, but the signs made me think there is more to it???

TCWB BS
    That’s tarrant co water board for short

Comment

Think there is a WMA in there somewhere too.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
        Think there is a WMA in there somewhere too.
        There is (or least that’s what I understand)? Is that it? The signs seem very serious! Lots of flooded timber behind those signs.

Comment

If they have to open the flood gates on the resivoir that area can go under water quickly. They don’t have a warning system should someone be on the property.

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post
            If they have to open the flood gates on the resivoir that area can go under water quickly. They don’t have a warning system should someone be on the property.

Makes sense. I was thinking there was something more to it, but that makes sense.

Comment

The Trinity River also comes very close to the water release there at the dam. Not much room for sudden big-water releases.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                The Trinity River also comes very close to the water release there at the dam. Not much room for sudden big-water releases.
                Close is a relative term

Last time I was in that creek it was a good ways from the river until you hit the barrier and it is still a ways to the spillway gates past that

I imagine it has something to do with liability

WMA is a bit south of the forbidden zone and right up to the road on the nort side of 287

All I know for sure is you don't want to be caught there
                Heard they don't give warnings if you are caught in there

You can sit on that pull off by the flood gates with a pair of binos or spotting scope and watch a lot of game. Sometimes catch a real good buck out there

Comment

Originally posted by gmac View Post

This! And the zone backs directly up to the wma, that tree line in the back is border Of the wma

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Giants live there

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                      Giants live there
                      And trolls

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Some big deer there. I lived on RC for 8 years. Drove below thye **** there and saw some monstas there.

Comment

Originally posted by redfishted View Post
                          Giants live there
                          I bet there is some GIANT deer in there.. I drove through there once and it looks like a likely place to hold some monster bucks.. Swampy..

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                            And trolls

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
                            and Bigfoot

Comment

Not sure why they labeled it as the forbidden zone instead of just putting up No Trespassing signs. Anyrate, you dont want to get caught "trespassing" anywhere in the Forbidden Zone as it will cost you mucho dinero. I drove out behind the dam last weekend and have never seen that much water covering the Forbidden Area. All the gates were open on the dam and the whole place was under water. Like some others have already mentioned, there are some big azz deer walking the woods in that area

Comment

Working...
                              X