Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
    I say a bow is not a firearm.

I dont see any advantage over a muzzleloader.
    I agree.

Comment

At least we can agree on 1 thing

Comment

It came about by wanting to make 2 weeks of bow season also muzzleloader, that got struck down n muzzleloaders got 2 weeks n jan n share it with youths with any firearm. Being they didnt get oct bowhunter dont get to hunt during muzzleloader. One of my friends a tpwd commisioner!! Trad muzzleloaders are a ton of fun as well. A nw trade gun(smooth bore flintlock to me is harder hunting than a trad bow. Bow will shoot shoot everytime i Draw and release it, rock lock may go off and may not!!

Comment

Originally posted by smokin feathers View Post
          It came about by wanting to make 2 weeks of bow season also muzzleloader, that got struck down n muzzleloaders got 2 weeks n jan n share it with youths with any firearm. Being they didnt get oct bowhunter dont get to hunt during muzzleloader. One of my friends a tpwd commisioner!! Trad muzzleloaders are a ton of fun as well. A nw trade gun(smooth bore flintlock to me is harder hunting than a trad bow. Bow will shoot shoot everytime i Draw and release it, rock lock may go off and may not!!
          Having worked at the legislature, this sounds about right for TPWD. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that muzzleloader advocates wanted to insert muzzleloader season into two weeks of the archery-only season? However, that being rejected, they got two weeks of muzzleloader season added on to the end of general season -- and NO, this does not allow those archery guys to play at that time! Because, you know, bows are so much farther advance than muzzleloaders.... 15-35 yard range, let's say for bows; 75-125 yard range for muzzleloaders....

Someone correct my figures, if they're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by MEsquivel View Post
            I say a bow is not a firearm.

I dont see any advantage over a muzzleloader.
            Correct! A bow IS NOT a firearm.

Firearms are classified as using powder.
            Last edited by HunterU; 01-12-2019, 11:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
              Having worked at the legislature, this sounds about right for TPWD. If I understand you correctly, you're saying that muzzleloader advocates wanted to insert muzzleloader season into two weeks of the archery-only season? However, that being rejected, they got two weeks of muzzleloader season added on to the end of general season -- and NO, this does not allow those archery guys to play at that time! Because, you know, bows are so much farther advance than muzzleloaders.... 15-35 yard range, let's say for bows; 75-125 yard range for muzzleloaders....

Someone correct my figures, if they're wrong.
              No that is correct. Especially is you use a inline
              And scope! I see no reason unshouldnt be able to bow hunt this last 2 weeks myself either

Comment

Working...
              X