Do you trust your lease members?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
    I never shot nuthin'!!! I don't kill; I just hunt!
    Oh, wait!!! There was that one 9 point that you and TJ found for me!

Comment

I've only been on one lease with more than 10 members. I'll say if a man has an affinity for carrying a .22 mag, a toolbox with very few tools and/or a sleeping bag when he doesn't camp pay close attention.

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
        58 members on 6000 acres is crazy for me to imagine alone much less not following rules on it. I hunt on 4500 with 8 guys. We always thought adding but never follow up on it.
        Yep because for every 10 you are going to have at least 2 that want to play by a different set of rules or are just straight up crooks..... I've seen this a few times in my life and oh the stories I hear AND the stories I could tell.... No more big groups for me.. 2-3 is the max anymore even if it means paying quite a bit more.. The peace of mind is worth it.... I cannot imagine 58.. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
          Holy crap!! We got 10 on a little over 7k acres...58 on 6k?? Yeah, trust issues come to mind.
          Y’all make dang good money or land is cheap to lease around there.

Round here you have to be close to 100-150acres per hunter to afford the lease on the property

Comment

Oh and no I don’t trust the majority of them. We are new to this lease as we lost our family lease late and didn’t have many options. There is some shady stuff going on where I’m at this year

Comment

I saw a buck in Mexico that was soo big I would have shot it if Shane was riding its back

Comment

never trusted any lease members, mainly because several were related
                and they covered for each others transgressions.

Comment

Originally Posted by hoss163 View Post
                  3 people you can’t trust
                  1. Fishermen
                  2. Government workers
                  3. Crossbow hunters - they lie and call themselves bowhunters all the time
                  4. Golfers
                  5. DEMOCRATS

Comment

Ours is a family lease so....some of em

Comment

I trust all of my lease members and consider them great friends now. It took years to find them but hopefully we can all stay together for many many years!

Comment

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
                        I have a large lease with 58 members. I am sure some deer have been smuggled out over the years but nothing you can do till you catch them. losing a few undocumented bucks a year on 6k acres wont hurt too much
                        Sweet mother of all that is holy!! FIFTY-EIGHT lease members? No way.....

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        I hunt alone...so...NO!
                        You're a fine judge of character.

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        I’ve been on leases in the past where there were a few members who would do whatever they could get away with. That wears on you after a while when you’re following the rules and doing things right. For the last few years I’ve hunted on smaller places with 3-4 guys I’ve known for 20+ years. None of us hardly ever shoot anything and I “trust” that will continue.
                        Agreed, John. My hunting partner & I have been together for 25 years and the last 15 or so it's just been he, I, my father, and another trusted friend. I get all the drama I need on TV without having it @ my deer lease.

Comment

There are 8 of us on nearly 1300 acres, and we have a great group. I only met them when I got on this lease 4 years ago, but I could not have hand picked a better group of guys. Yes, the trust factor is 100%.

Comment

I'm on a tiny place and it's just me and another TBHer. We dont have any rules, only request from the landowner is that we stay on the edges of the wheat fields and follow all game laws for our county.

I wouldn't get on a lease that I didnt trust all the members. It's just hunting, it's one of my hobbies and I enjoy it to relax and get away from any drama.

Comment

Working...
                            X