Master's Degree. Yes or No?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Master's Degree. Yes or No?

I will finally be finishing up my undergraduate here in the fall but am considering going for either an MBA or Master's in EHS.
    My work will reimburse if I get a 3.0 or better. The only loss for me would be time, which is alot since I work usually 50 hours a week. Also have a 1.5 year old and another on the way so sleep/time is precious.

What would y'all recommend?

Only if it helps you make a lot more money.

A lot of people end up getting advanced degrees that are essentially useless

Also... your wife will hate you with 2 kids that young plus working 50 hrs/wk

Comment

Do it, sure cant hurt. Just take it slow, one course a semester. In no time at all you will be done.

Comment

Yes. Depending on what EHS is. Especially if work will reimburse. One can never have too much education.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          Only if it helps you make a lot more money.

A lot of people end up getting advanced degrees that are essentially useless

Also... your wife will hate you with 2 kids that young plus working 50 hrs/wk
          Good advice

Comment

If it is relevant. I had a huge jump in pay and opportunities with my masters.

Comment

I've been contemplating doing it also. I've gotten 50/50 advice on if it's worth it.

Comment

I got mine while married, working full time, with 3 kids. It was tough on me and our marriage. Would I do it again?

Yes! It opened up more opportunities for me as well as more pay. My only regret was that I did not do it right out of undergraduate school before kids etc

Comment

And just remember, an education is something noone can take away from you. Get all you can.

Comment

IF you get your masters. go with the MBA.

Comment

I got a masters in health services management while in uniform---never worked in a hospital for even a day, but the advanced degree was required for promotion--no regrets at all.

Comment

Yes. Any reason for someone to pay you more money or could end up being a tie-breaker down the road between you and someone else who has/doesn't have a masters.

Comment

Health and safety? Most of the safety guys in the oil field I knew were just retired LEO or FD without degrees. Not sure it's a field you need to masters.

Comment

I got a pretty hefty increase when I got my MBA. Working on a PhD starting on Monday. Hoping to set myself up for career #2 when I'm done.

Comment

Always
                              ....MBA
                              !

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X