Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That pit blind is awesome. Thats a great idea

Comment

Do not take this the wrong way, your deer is really nice and I see why you are so thrilled............. But Dad Gum man that blind is freaking awesome!!!!!!!!lol

Great Deer, Congrats.

Rwc

Comment

nice buck. I'm kinda like RWC, I like the set-up.

what type of feeders are those?

Comment

I am more impressed by the great blind. Great buck, good job.

Comment

That blind is like shooting fish in a barrel

Comment

Nice Buck and Blind. Congrats

Comment

Congratulations on the buck! That's a good one to take down. The blind is awesome, and it's great to see the collaboration with turbowhunter and raiderbowhunter pay dividends! Great job documenting the entire episode with the writeup and pics! Well done!
                My Flickr Photos

Comment

Congrats on a great deer. That blind is really something nice.

Comment

Thanks, guys....and don't worry about the comments regarding the blind. I'm as proud of it as I am the deer! You would be too if you realized how long it took me to get it ready to put in the ground! Like I said....Turbowhunter deserves all the credit and I loved his idea right when I saw it. I PM'd him with several questions about it which he was very glad to answer. He has a God-given gift when it comes to coming up with cool gadgets, tools, etc. to help him in the field. I watch his posts like a hawk! raiderbowhunter was also instrumental since he had two extra tanks to sell me, so I was fortunate to be able to find one close by. We've become friends over the past year since we are also big fans of providing water stations to these W. Texas deer. I'd probably still be looking for a tank if he hadn't ran across one. Anyway, I made this one with 6 windows, but the next one I make will only have half that many. I also plan on adding a video window so I won't have to worry about my video camera ever getting in the way of a shot. Oh, and I also used the plain camo netting that Hunters Specialties makes for my shoot-thru netting. I was a little concerned how it would work, but my arrow zipped right through it leaving nothing but a neat little "x" where my Slick Trick cut through it. I recommend it to anyone needing shoot-thru netting!

Regarding concerns about snakes. I definitely took that into consideration when making the blind. Each window and the door in the back has a "lip" of sorts which not only helps seal out light and keep my scent in, but the overlapping lip has weatherstripping on the inside of it which creates a pretty tight seal. The place where I hunt is loaded with packrats, tarantulas, rattlesnakes, bullsnakes and scorpions.....but I've yet to have anything "breach" the bunker yet! (Knock on wood!!!)

Regarding the feeders.....they are just a design I welded up myself. They have Triple C control units on them and they have worked flawlessly for two years.

I really appreciate the comments. You guys are great. Like I said, I hope to post additional LDP's in the near future. Thanks to all of you for sharing your knowledge with a relative newcomer like myself!

Take care,

predatorsniper

Comment

nice buck, congrats

Comment

Appreciate you sharing the story and pics of your setup.
                        I love that stuff.

And congratulations on a great buck.

Comment

BTW.....I hope some of y'all might have noticed the "TD" sticker on the inside of my upper bow limb. I spent a lot of time thinking about Tuthdoc while making this blind since I always remember how particular (to put it mildly!) he was about his set-ups. I admired his incredible attention to detail. I don't know if he would have liked hunting out of my "bunker" or not, but I like to think he would have. I'm sure he would have had a comment or two to make about it, but I know I would have gotten a kick out of them, just like I did when he made a comment about my DB's!

Sorry to go off on a tangent, but that's one thing I really love about this site.....that I can learn a boat-load from complete strangers and build friendships with people from all walks of life. This place has made me a better hunter and it has also allowed me to meet some people who not only exhibit exceptional hunting skills, but more importantly exhibit exceptional character! That being said, I can't wait to shake a bunch of hands at the next (and my first) Bownanza, that's for sure!!

predatorsniper

Comment

sweet blind and congrats on the buck!

Comment

Well done on all counts. The story, blind and buck.

Comment

Congrats on the buck, that's an awesome setup!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X