Clear All

found a nice spot on the water for pigs,alot of rooting and tracks

Comment

just got back m/t handed,bummer...
      back did get some new spots for pigs next weekend

Comment

Thats nice,headed out there my self next weekend

Comment

yeah i always gonna say its gonna be next weekend lol,im still waiting on that weekend

Comment

We will be runnin the river on sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
              Hogs cleaned out my sour corn spots I baited yesterday.
              take a sharpshooter and bury deeper, like a post hole digger and bury 2 feet will take them a while to dig down to it, then u can sit on them in the evening,,,,,,,another thing that works at granger!!!bury a whole 30 pound deer block, the berry scented record rack one at tractor supply works amazing it's 13 bucks and if you bury a foot or so it will take them a week to dig it up, pour a little rasberry flavored syrup around and they will show.....i have killed alot of pigs at granger like this.

Comment

I'm may to have to try over there this week. Thanks Wudstix for sending me over here from the leatherwall!

Comment

Sneaky and I jumped a big chocolate boar this morning. No shot. Question...when you jump hogs, do they run for miles or only a short way and bed back down?

Comment

They will do either or. Depends on the hogs and the situation. If you jump them, stick with them and see what happens. Sometimes, they will stop and check you out and other times they will run till they can't run anymore. If you can keep up with them until they get tired, they can make for easy targets.

Comment

We have jumped several but always in heavy cover. You hear the crashing and then nothing. My original assumption is that they didn't go far, but then upon scouting the areas, they were not around. What I think is happening is that they are bedded off the trails and the crashing is them getting on a trail and then they silently bug out. I have never seen this though as after being jumped, we never see them running off.

Comment

Additional, when I get on boars you hear one crash and run. When you get on sows/sounders, they do not always jump at the same time so you really don't want to take off after the first one, but there is no way to tell...really confusing. Add thier speed and it makes for a tough kill even when you do get on them.

Comment

Granger hogs are tough to kill.more so than other places i think.these pigs are smart.maybe as smart as a deer.oh and there fast as heck too

Comment

Yep, it's better when you have 2-3 people waiting and then 1-2 people pushing through the weeds. When you team up on them, you're success rate increases tremendously. It's funny how everyone goes out there alone even though there are probably 5-6 of us out there all at the same time but in different areas. Keep letting everyone know when you go out there so that you can team up. I hope to get out there next weekend. We'll see. Good luck everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by jkuroski1973 View Post
                              We have jumped several but always in heavy cover. You hear the crashing and then nothing. My original assumption is that they didn't go far, but then upon scouting the areas, they were not around. What I think is happening is that they are bedded off the trails and the crashing is them getting on a trail and then they silently bug out. I have never seen this though as after being jumped, we never see them running off.
                              I've ran right after them. Several times I've had them turn right around and try and stand their ground. It works

Comment

Originally posted by crod888 View Post
                                I've ran right after them. Several times I've had them turn right around and try and stand their ground. It works
                                You've got balls Chris.

Comment

Working...
                                X