Striper Fishing Winter Months

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Striper Fishing Winter Months

Went on my first guided Striper trip earlier this summer and would like to go back sometime around Nov-Dec timeframe so I can get some ducking in as well.
    First question is how’s the fishing in the winter time? Second question, can anyone recommend a guide that will put you ducks in the AM and fish in the PM?

Open to any body of water in Texas.
    Thanks

JC McCullough, Texoma.

Comment

No idea about the guide for ducks but James Allen and Chris Ortiz out of Catfish Bay Marina are both excellent. Also...Nov and Dec are good months for striper normally. It's when the big boys start to feed more too.

Comment

Winter time can bring some big fish as well as a lot. Dead sticking is usually the go to technique. The fish bite like a crappie nibble. It’s a lot of fun

Comment

I use Jacob Orr on lake Texoma he is very good !

Comment

I recommend Bob Faulkner, although he is really getting up there in age, but he still gets around. I've been with his son Jack, but he is not as good as his ol man.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Guaranteed guide service on lake whitney is who I went with this past january. Fishing was slow for us but we still managed to get some in the boat. This was mainly our fault as we were not in the warmest clothes to make a run all the way up the lake first thing in the morning. I have been with James and the owner Cory before and both were top notch and worked very hard for us. They do duck hunts as well.

Comment

Seems like she would get cold.

Comment

My favorite time time to fish for them is Oct-Feb. Fish for them normal until water temps fall below 50. When water temps get between 60-70 that is prime time

Comment

I say duck hunt the morn-ns with shore side breakfast, fish the mid day while it's warmer out, then deer and pig hunt the evening. Or go back to the duck blind for the evening, before heading back to camp for a bite and beverages. Ya got it in ya?

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      JC McCullough, Texoma.
                      This for sure !
                      Have worked with him many times guiding ducks.
                      Fished with him numerous times too.
                      Winter always good for big fish !
                      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks guys spoke with JC and I think we have things lined up.

Comment

Working...
                        X