Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Busted!!!But at least I know they are here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Busted!!!But at least I know they are here!

Well, I moved out of town a couple of months ago. Now, I can hunt right out the back door! The place is 2 acres, surrounded by 3 acres(nobody hunting), surrounded by 16 acres(nobody hunting), and south of me 150 acres(cows and gun hunters). So I cleared a lane, built a blind, put up a stand(thanks to Cuz), and a feeder(thanks to TRedd). The day I got my Buck Candy we saw the back end of a deer but other than that I haven't seen a deer. Acorns fell here after the big storms a couple of weeks ago, so nothing is moving. No oaks on this place, all China Berries and Bois d'arcs. I have been hunting all month, every chance I get but mostly evenings since I work 6 days a week. Well I hunted this am and finally saw a nice buck with 2 does and 1 doe by herself. They walked right past the lane, I rattled and got the buck and 2 does to stop and come back but they didn't give a flip about corn. They moved on. So I couldn't stand it I got out of the blind and worked my way around to head them off. I eased out of the treeline with a brush patch in front of me and made my way around. I saw the buck and 2 does. As I stalked up on them the third doe had moved up to my right about 50 yards away! Busted, she started blowing! I froze as the buck and other does looked right at me. I finally just eased down into a sitting position. They ran but only a few yards. So I tried to wait them out, but that other doe wouldn't shut up! The buck and does finally came back and moved around real slow trying to figure out what I was. But the other doe started blowing again! That was it, they took off. I finally just laid down in the grass until she stopped blowing and moved on. So, I decided to try to get her! I got up and moved through the Bois d'arc thicket heading around where she went. I stepped on a limb and she busted me again! She blew and lit out like a shuck!!! I was frustrated but I had fun. At least I know they are here. I think I may take some vacation this week.
    Moral of the story:
    If the wind is in your face, it is in the deer's face if she is behind you!
    Lesson learned!
    C6D out

Wow, 99 views and not comment.
    I figured I would at least get:
    "Did you paint your face?"
    "Next time step in cow poop before you stalk"
    "You are an Idiot!"
    "Put out more Buck Candy"
    "That's why they call it hunting!"
    Something!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
      Wow, 99 views and not comment.
      I figured I would at least get:
      "Did you paint your face?"
      "Next time step in cow poop before you stalk"
      "You are an Idiot!"
      "Put out more Buck Candy"
      "That's why they call it hunting!"
      Something!
      Ha. You probably had the wrong brand of bow and broadheads and thats why you got busted.

Glad you had some action.

Comment

Hey brother, your time will come soon!!! Keep at it! They will slip and make a stupid move, that's when you'll pounce on em!

I'm glad your hunting ground all set up! Your hard work will pay in dividends. Kill that tattle tale doe first!

Comment

That is why they call it hunting, you never know what is going to happen. It sounds like you had fun for sure!

Comment

Yup it happened to me this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Silent Assassin View Post
              Hey brother, your time will come soon!!! Keep at it! They will slip and make a stupid move, that's when you'll pounce on em!

I'm glad your hunting ground all set up! Your hard work will pay in dividends. Kill that tattle tale doe first!
              x2 the loud mouth doe would be on my list lol

Comment

I guess ya'll needed a sarcastic jolt!
                She is at the top of the list!
                I just put in to take Thursday and Friday off. I will be ready!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie6Delta View Post
                  I guess ya'll needed a sarcastic jolt!
                  She is at the top of the list!
                  I just put in to take Thursday and Friday off. I will be ready!
                  That's how you get our attention!

Outstanding! Good luck, brother! I'll be keeping an eye for your LDP's!

Comment

Build a bracket for ur hat and buy Ozonics

Comment

Working...
                    X