No announcement yet.

Question about getting busted.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thought I was busted once only to have a knarly old boar show up. He died.

Wait it out.

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
      Shoot the narc and wait for more deer
      The squeaky wheel always needs greased
      Snitches get whacked
      this,
      I've had bucks come up and sniff a dead buck I'd shot 10 minutes before (Rifle hunting)

Comment

Stay put and alert.

Comment

I had the same doe blow at me 3 sits in a row and had deer in view still come on in after she ran off. The 4th sit she stomped and blew when she should of ran away.... she wont be able to do it anymore now!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Whiskers View Post
            Stay put unless the wind is wrong
            Always this ^^^^^^^^

Comment

First tell her you dont know a “Sarah” and someone must of hacked your phone. Also deny knowing how lipstick got on your pants. Tell her its just paint and ....... oh my bad. Misunderstood the title. [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                Unless the wind is wrong I keep hunting. I also kill that guard doe as quickly as I can if I have a tag. If not she will bust you every time .
                This! Don't take long to figure out who the high-headed, nervous, stompin', snortin', twitchin', flinchin', staring at you in the stand huzzie is and whack her blowin' self!lol Seems like there's always one in the bunch early on. So, smoke her and stay!

Comment

Originally posted by TexOddball View Post
                  Stay. Years ago I was sitting in a stand, watching a group of five or six does piddling around the corn when another deer blows, back in the brush. That deer sounded off three or four times, of course all the deer at the corn scrambled out of the clearing, and then this shifty old doe prances into the clearing, pleased as punch with herself, blows twice more, and then started shoveling up the corn. Smart old hag cried wolf because she didn’t want to share. It was early season, I had been waiting on a buck to show up, but she went home with me.
                  I have seen the same thing. Same doe, multiple times. She knew the trick but tried it one too many times. It was my pleasure to teach her about what happens when you cry wolf like that.

Comment

Had to get a lawyer involved. Darn doe said I forced her to do things she was uncomfortable with. She never said no. It was a long time ago before social media! Sit it out unless it’s a wind issue.

Comment

Quit eating your chili with beans and farting in stand.

Comment

No doubt, stay.

Comment

Deer blow at each other, noises in the brush, hogs, predators, etc.

I wouldn't leave unless I knew one of them felt my presence and wasn't ready to be friends yet.

Comment

I "figure" my hunt is over but I stay 'cause it may not be. A lot depends on you area.

Comment

Originally posted by stickbowcoop View Post
                              Unless the wind is wrong I keep hunting. I also kill that guard doe as quickly as I can if I have a tag. If not she will bust you every time .
                              Yep, I have one that bust me every time.

OP, don't sweat it.

Comment

When I get busted, I immediately start grunting or even rattle if time is right. I’ve called in several bucks after getting busted.

Comment

Working...
                                X