Where are they?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where are they?????

Opening weekend we saw plenty of deer even got to help a friend get his first with his bow. I pulled the card on the camera the following Tuesday. As of now I have gotten Zero pics and there is a pile of corn under the feeder almost 2 inches thick. Also we have zero tracks on any of the roads on my place. Anyone have this happen to them?

Not seeing much in Weimar either. With all the rain they stopped coming to my feeder and started hitting the acorns and grass. Last week finally started seeing bucks show up at night but not much during the day. I put up a ladder stand on a creek and hope to see something cross as the season goes on.

Comment

Green, acorns, and transition time of the year... Need cold, more rain to sour acorns, and time to pass to get closer to the rut
      Last edited by catslayer; 10-14-2018, 01:04 PM. Reason: Finish my thought

Comment

I hunt just west of Austin and there are deer everywhere. Even with this dense population I still have a few days a year where I dont see a single deer. Just guessing they like acorns and cover more than corn from time to time

Comment

You might have a mountain lion hanging around

Comment

An increase in human traffic/pressure can cause them to disappear.

Comment

The weather has been stripping my oaks. Acorns are coming down....................

Comment

If acorn are hitting the ground, dont waste your $$$. Wait til later and they will come to feeders. Seen this happen over the years. I wait til I notice few acorns on ground and start feeder....bam! They hit
                Put out mineral locks you will have better action. I make up my own and the deer dig a hole going after it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Acorns acorns acorns

Comment

My place is solid oaks with acorns everywhere and there is not a single track on my place

Comment

I have 300ac highfence. Went to 3 different corn feeders this morning around 10. All 3 had corn underneath them. This is with exotics also.

Comment

pulled cards yesterday. On 3 cameras had a total of 102 pictures, where’s 2 weeks before I was looking at 600-800 pictures.

Comment

Originally posted by Tall Tex View Post
                          Not seeing much in Weimar either. With all the rain they stopped coming to my feeder and started hitting the acorns and grass. Last week finally started seeing bucks show up at night but not much during the day. I put up a ladder stand on a creek and hope to see something cross as the season goes on.
                          This is the pattern I'm seeing in Guadalupe County (Seguin) too.

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                            If acorn are hitting the ground, dont waste your $$$. Wait til later and they will come to feeders. Seen this happen over the years. I wait til I notice few acorns on ground and start feeder....bam! They hit
                            Put out mineral locks you will have better action. I make up my own and the deer dig a hole going after it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                            Do you care to share your recipe

Comment

They are around, you put a camera on a trail coming into them oaks and you will get some pics. I checked cams today and seen plenty of deer going into a big post oak area. I should have put a pop up there a month ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X