Which Lew's? Saltwater

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Lew's? Saltwater

I have $200 gift card for Bass Pro and decided I will try out a lew's reel.

I wade fish, throw top water/plastics on the coast, and bass fish the lake at the ranch. There are too many options to choose from online, help me pick one please!

I prefer moderate-fast gears, 6.5-7:1

team, tournament, custom.. too many options

Comment

I talked to the guy that cleans my reels and he recommended the Lew's lite as they hold up the best and are really good reels.

Comment

If bass pro has it the custom inshore speed spool is nice. I have the white custom speed spool slp. Also a look at the team lews lite speed spool lfs series. Real lite real combo it with a lite rod and you can wade for days with out getting tired. It will be my next reel purchase.

Comment

Sorry to hijack, but I won this combo in a raffle and know nothing about this reel. Is it ok for saltwater? The handle got bent in shipping, but I straightened it back out.

Comment

Are you dead set on lews?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

custom inshore is very nice

Comment

Tp1sh

Comment

I have the team lite and really like it

Comment

Lite speed spool

Comment

Thanks for all the input. Bass Pro doesn't carry inshore version.

Looks like the lite speed spool is the winner so far. Last thing to consider is the "SLP" super low profile vs. the "LFS" Lighter, Faster, Stronger frame. I'm used to old green curados so I think i'll be happy with the lite speed spool lfs. Am I thinking right?

I'll be strapping the reel to a 6'6" Laguna tx wader II rod. Should be ultra light.

Last question, the 6.8 or 7.5 gear ratio?
                      Last edited by Leaverrite; 05-17-2018, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

There is an "inshore" version that looks identical but claims to be made of aluminum frame. Bass pro doesn't carry that one (yet?).

The Custom Inshore SLP’s innovative, fast-starting, forged, double anodized aluminum deep U style 32mm spool holds 140 yards of 12-pound monofilament. The Lew’s Combat Grip® pad on the thumb bar adds comfort and control to each and every cast. The Custom Inshore Speed Spool’s smoothness and durability come from its premium 10-bearing system with sealed corrosion resistant stainless steel ball bearings and Zero Reverse anti-reverse one-way clutch bearing. The reel has a one-piece aluminum frame with a strong, lightweight carbon handle sideplate with a graphite palming sideplate.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaverrite View Post
                            There is an "inshore" version that looks identical but claims to be made of aluminum frame. Bass pro doesn't carry that one (yet?).

https://www.lews.com/casting/custominshore
                            I have been wading with a few of the regular lews custom slp for around 2 years with no issues. I know they have the white and blue inshore but that wasnt out when I bought mine. I also have a TP1SH that has been great. I find that you need to clean and oil them a little more than the old curados.

Comment

Originally posted by Wall_Hanger View Post
                              I have been wading with a few of the regular lews custom slp for around 2 years with no issues. I know they have the white and blue inshore but that wasnt out when I bought mine. I also have a TP1SH that has been great. I find that you need to clean and oil them a little more than the old curados.
                              Thanks for all the info. What line were you throwing on those reels? Braid/mono and #test?

Comment

Working...
                              X