Stock Repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stock Repair

I have a Browning 25-06 with less than a box of shells down the tube that got damaged while in my safe. Does anyone know of someone that can repair my stock. It is high gloss and the rest of the stock is in immaculate condition and it kills me for it to be damaged. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
    Attached Files

Strictly my opinion, but I would use google and fix it myself
    Beauty mark that wouldn’t affect me killing stuff.
    If course, I krylon my guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Big pig View Post
      Strictly my opinion, but I would use google and fix it myself
      Beauty mark that wouldn’t affect me killing stuff.
      If course, I krylon my guns.
      Yeah me neither but I was thinking of selling this gun and not sure how it would affect the price.

Comment

Brownings have a high gloss very thick finish. If you send that down I bet it did not hurt the wood one bit. You can count to refinish that last area and blend it in and buff it out. There is probably a YouTube video on it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Are the scratches all the way into the wood or just in the clear coat?

Comment

Looks like just in the clearcoat

Comment

In my experience it is very difficult to repair a deep scratch in a high gloss finish and have it look like new. You can’t really fill-in the scratch and if you rub it down with steel wool and apply more gloss coat you will be able to see the repair because you have added another layer to a small portion of the stock.

Comment

Just send the stock back to browning for repairs

Comment

I've done a bunch. Problem as others have mentioned is trying to "blend" a high gloss repair like that is extremely tough if not impossible to make look like new. If it was me, I'd sand/strip it down and refin the whole gun so it all looks the same.

Comment

Thanks for the info everyone.

Comment

Working...
                    X