Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think the penalty should be?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chillymac View Post
    If she truly thought that was her apt, she could be aquitted, as accidental shooting because of castle law.
    The mere fact that you spelled everything in that post correctly leads me to believe you are smart enough to not really believe that. Novel idea however - you should be a defense attorney!

Comment

What a horrible situation all around. I feel bad for everybody.

Comment

Bad deal, No offense to the officer but this seems like it could have been easily avoidable. Deadly force doesnt seem remotely appropriate for the few facts given so far. Hell im sleep deprived every day, thats a **** poor excuse for horrible decision making. punishment shouldnt be any different tham if it was some one in the same boat with out the badge. I support law enforcement but it’s hard to stand behind a mistake this reckless.

Comment

Accident or not. Hang her

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
            Accident or not. Hang her
            Easy. Not all mistakes deserve deserve that. I hate to talk about slippery slopes, but that certainly fits the bill.

Comment

Yeah I understand but if that happened to my loved one that's what I would want. She was trained for this situation and chose wrong. She deserves the same. If I did it I'm sure it would happen to me. Eye for and eye. Forgiveness doesnt mean much when someone is 6 feet under.

Comment

Originally posted by HeyMikey View Post
                Wow, she not only went into the wrong apartment, she parked on the wrong floor of the parking garage, and didn't even notice that the deceased victim had a red door mat in front of his apt, while she has NO door mat in front of her own apt.
                Can't wait to see what her toxicology report shows, because if there's not some drugs/alcohol involved here, then there must've been some other kind of reason/cause, as to how she could've made so many critical errors in judgement, for this scenario to possibly happen.
                One witness reported hearing a woman yelling, “Let me in! Let me in!”
                If that witness account is accurate it puts extreme doubt on her claim that she mistakenly thought it was her apartment. That story would make no sense.

Comment

Witness accounts in general are sketchy at best, especially stuff heard through multiple walls at 3 AM. And there are a lot of "Witnesses", that will say whatever they think will produce their desired result, these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Marco View Post
                    Forgiveness doesnt mean much when someone is 6 feet under.
                    You're not doing it right.

Comment

Couple of things. My fiance has worked as a manager for several higher end properties around Houston. Each apartment try's to have a courtesy officer living there rent free from what she has told me.

I've came home after working a long night and went to a floor below mine by accident several times and tried unlocking the door which I was unsuccessful at since it wasn't my apartment. A lot of these apartments look identical each floor.

I'll ask her if it's common for the courtesy officer to have access to all the apartments. Honestly I doubt it though.

Comment

If it comes out that it wasn't a mistake, throw the book at her. If it was truly a "mistake", I don't know what you do, but letting her off ain't it. It's one thing to accidentally walk into the wrong place. Saying "oops" it was an accident when some innocent guy gets killed is not acceptable. We already accept way too much stupidity in society today, we don't need more of this kind.
                        Last edited by jdg13; 09-12-2018, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Involuntary manslaughter, 5 years out in three and a half.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
                            Couple of things. My fiance has worked as a manager for several higher end properties around Houston. Each apartment try's to have a courtesy officer living there rent free from what she has told me.

I've came home after working a long night and went to a floor below mine by accident several times and tried unlocking the door which I was unsuccessful at since it wasn't my apartment. A lot of these apartments look identical each floor.

I'll ask her if it's common for the courtesy officer to have access to all the apartments. Honestly I doubt it though.
                            Did you also park in the wrong parking lot??

Comment

Originally posted by yaqui View Post
                              Involuntary manslaughter, 5 years out in three and a half.
                              That's kind of the feel I'm getting, provided they prove this was, in fact, and accident.

Comment

Originally posted by FVR JR View Post
                                If it comes out that it wasn't a mistake, throw the book at her. If it was truly a "mistake", I don't know what you do, but letting her off ain't it. It's one thing to accidentally walk into the wrong place. Saying "oops" it was an accident when some innocent guy gets killed is not acceptable. We already accept way too much stupidity in society today, we don't need more of this kind.
                                Pretty well sums up my thoughts on the deal. Tragic all the way around but as a LEO she should have been trained for this stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X