Most accurate rounds for your 300BLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most accurate rounds for your 300BLK

My 300BLK guns shoot minute-of-hog with Barnes 110, which is fine, but for paper-punching I'd like to see what they're really capable of.

What factory ammo have y'all found to give the "best" most consistent accuracy in your rifle? Please include your rifle or barrel manufacturer with your answer.

My 16" AAC upper/barrel shoots the remington OTM 125 grn match well enough I havent looked at another paper bullet.

Next would be beck defense 147 followed by rem hog hammer

Comment

I like the Beck Ammo also. Picked a few boxes last week while down in Fredricksburg at KNS Precision. They have a great supply of 300 BO ammo. Grabbed some 187gr Gemtech Subs. They have the VMax tip and are meant for maximum energy transfer for hunting with the sub ammo. Have not shot them yet. But the green box Remington at Wally world seems to group good on paper.

Comment

I've not done any bench work with mine (10.5" barrell) beyond intial load workup. I quit there when I got to MOA with the Tac-Tx. It shoot the cheap Rem factory loads right at MOA as well. My subs (Lee 230 cast)run about 1.5" at 50 with the 2MOA dot sight.

Comment

The only factory loads I shot in my AR were the Remington UMC 120 grain. They ran right at MOA. I never hunted with them, only shot them at paper after I built the gun. Now I just shoot my handloads.

Comment

I will start reloading soon with my brand new 300 BLK....I am going to use Barnes 115 gr bullets

Comment

When I had one 110 Tac-Tx

Comment

8.5" CMMG barrel. 20.0gr. of H110 pushing Hornady 110 VMax.

Comment

I just picked up a 300 blackout pistol with 10.5" Bear Creek Barrel. I'm going to try some Remington 120 gr and some 110 gr Hornady Black this weekend.
                  I currently do not have a suppressor so not going to shoot subs yet.

Comment

Maybe I will try the Beck Defense next. Never heard of it.

Comment

Made in Texas

Comment

Mine Remington bolt and my AR both love the 120gr hollow point Remington in the green&white box. Tried both the 110gr and 120gr Barnes Tac bullet, but neither produced groups like the cheap Remmys.

jrg

Comment

Working...
                        X