No announcement yet.

Shared kids room, good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the input! My husband was an only child and really enjoys his own space and time alone. I was raised mostly as an only child, but I shared a room with my step sisters and stayed at friends all the time, so I loved it. I just didn’t know if it was a personal thing, girl thing, or if we should just respect their space if we can. But the 3 y/o seems on board with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The more the merrier until college!

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
        Hey your pretty good at math! Yes we have 9 kiddos. We were foster parents for 8 years and ended up adopting 2 sibling groups and we have 4 biological.

I could get on board with the foster kids one day, but there is no way I think I could handle being pregnant 9 times!

But my husband wants a third one day, so either way, they’d end up sharing if we do.

Comment

Originally posted by JewellHuntress View Post
          I could get on board with the foster kids one day, but there is no way I think I could handle being pregnant 9 times!

But my husband wants a third one day, so either way, they’d end up sharing if we do.

Yeah that Duggar lady is CRAZY! I don’t know she did it.

As far as fostering goes....It is hands down the most amazing thing II have ever been a part of. Not to mention there is a HUGE need for good foster homes. If y’all ever get serious about it shoot me a PM I have tons of info

Comment

My boys....10,8,7,4 & 2 share a room (it’s over 500sqft so don’t feel bad for them ) and my little girls 7,2 &1 share a room again it’s a big room also. They all enjoy it we don’t have any issues other than the boys being slobs and cramming crap under there beds. My oldest daughter - 13 - is the only one with her own room. With them split up like that it gave them their own living/game room.

I shared a room with my 2 brothers for 7yrs and we had a blast. I think it’s good for them to learn how to share space and respectful in the controlled environment of a home before they hit the real world anyway
            Now that is a family!

Comment

I had to share a room till i was 16 and it sucked. I am glad I dont have to put my kids through that.

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                I have 2 boys, almost 4 and 9 months. We are about to move and are considering putting the boys together as we plan to in a couple of years regardless. Did you guys have any issue with the older boy wanting to try and take the younger one out of crib or anything? I know that at 7 the concern is probably not as much- interesting thread and curious about more opinions. Anyone have boys this age, 4 and 1? How did it go?
                No problems at all. He watches him for us and sing him songs at night. They get along and sometimes play a little too much. I heard them the other night 11pm giggling so I snuck in and turned the light on. My oldest was shooting the Nerf gun at the ceiling and they were laughing about it. Life is too short to get onto them. I laughed and told them to go to bed.

Comment

Shared kids room, good or bad?

My girls age 13 and 11 are sharing the upstairs room at my dads ranch house while our house is being built. It’s pretty dang big up there (700 sq ft I’d say) so it works. They’ve been up there over a year. We hear the occasional bickering...but it’s usually my oldest getting onto her sister about being messy with her arts and craft stuff. Lol. They are looking forward to each having their own rooms again, so knowing that is on the horizon is a plus.

Skinny
                  Last edited by Skinny; 12-31-2018, 11:07 AM.

Comment

Make it sound like a play room and sharing rooms will be the best thing in the world. Then when they get older and want their own space they can go back to having their own rooms. As long as your excited about it they will more than likely be as well.

Comment

Yes we have 9 kiddos. We were foster parents for 8 years and ended up adopting 2 sibling groups and we have 4 biological......Don’t drink the water in Orange though because 2 of our biological are a set of twins that we had after we had adopted 4 and were told we couldn’t have kids anymore. Never a dull moment at our place!
                      That’s awesome!
                      My Mom and Dad were told they couldn’t have kids.
                      7 years later my brother was born, 22 months later I came along, and little sister was 19 months after me.

My wife and I have 2 girls (18 & 15). I have always wanted more kids, just couldn’t get my wife on board.

Thank you for what you’re doing.

Comment

Right now, i think they are okay to share however, knowing your situation, I'd give it maybe 5 or 6 years and they will need their own space anyway if y'all are still in the same situation. Even kids can only handle SO much of each other before they need a place to get away from the other for a while. My sister and I are 18 months apart and we shared a room (because we wanted to) until we were 9 or 10 and then we were done with that. They will need some time away from each other since they are in such close quarters the rest of the time.

So at the house, I'd give them separate rooms since they share at the DL and when y'all visit daddy...

Comment

Mine share-boys in one room girls in the other. Oldest is 14.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                            I had to share a room till i was 16 and it sucked. I am glad I dont have to put my kids through that.
                            You still share a room... but I don't hear any complaints!

Comment

My teen boys rather share a bed room and have a dedicated gaming / media / music room / computer cave. Makes it nice cause you always know what they are playing or watching etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Erin View Post
                                You still share a room... but I don't hear any complaints!

Lmmfao! Buuuurn![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X