Travel through Louisiana?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
    Not sure this is a good time to be traveling half way across the country to "just visit"!!!

But, if they must, assuming they will be coming down I-20, get to Shreveport, then drop down to Logansport, take the FM road outside of Logansport that will take you towards Deadwood. It's FM 31 on Texas side. Pretty sure they could get thru that way!!!
    They are checking for paperwork on US84 between Joaquin and Logansport.
    Last edited by drbonner; 04-08-2020, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by gooseman View Post
      Went to Louisiana Monday and today across toledo bend from lufkin. Was stopped at checkpoint both days. Monday they glanced at my “work letter” and told me to have a nice evening, today I pulled up the letter and they sent me on without looking at it. I have not been across on interstate yet.
      Local authorities are assisting state troopers

Comment

Originally posted by drbonner View Post
        They are checking for paperwork on US84 between Joaquin and Logansport.
        Mike said dad hurt his back. If he has to go to Shreveport to see his doctor, wonder how that will work?

Comment

Went from dfw to orange beach and back the other day... check point off 20 coming into texas, but not out of texas. I got stopped. The trooper asked if i was on my way to work, i said yes, im a ups driver, so they let me right through. Had i not of been, i would of had my info taken, my head scanned for temp, and been asked to quarantine for 14 days. So crazy... i didnt have to give them any info. Like others mentioned above come in thru arkansas.
          I travel in and out of texas from dfw to philly and back once a week. No issues or road blocks coming from arkansas.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
            So, some of you are saying she will be stopped on the interstate?

How in the heck can they stop every vehicle on I-20 and I-10 coming across the state line? Traffic would be backed up all the way to Mississippi!

Can somebody that has actually experienced this answer the question?
            Local news station aired a video of the I-10 west Texas Welcome Center where all cars were being pulled over and drivers questioned

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-l...19-checkpoints

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 04-08-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Just call the Louisiana State police and ask. Then you can plan your route.

Comment

Originally posted by Russ81 View Post
                My understanding is they’re letting 18 wheelers roll on down the highway and all passenger vehicles have to pull into the rest stop and take a survey by DPS/NG. If your joy riding you have to give them the address of where you’ll be the next 14 days and yes they will check (confirmed that with a DPS buddy in south Texas)

If your traveling for essential work then they just let you head to wherever your going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

This is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                  Local news station aired a video of the I-10 west Texas Welcome Center where all cars were being pulled over and drivers questioned

https://www.katc.com/news/covering-l...19-checkpoints

Well, I guess they ARE stopping everybody! Amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    My daughter is wanting to drive from North Carolina to Texas in a few days to come see us for a week or so. I've seen conflicting things about travel through Louisiana to Texas. Will she have problems with checkpoints etc trying to drive here? I still can't believe I have to even ask this question.
                    If she is coming from NC, take I40 to Little Rock, interchange to I30, I30 to Texarkana, interchange to highway59, it takes you all the way Livingston, actually Houston.

Comment

No issues whatsoever. She just has to fill out the form and have it ready when asked to produce at border.

Just have her print and fill out form off of the DPS website.

Simple. No big deal.

No temp. No in depth questions. Form states you have to self-quarantine wherever she is going to stay.
                      Last edited by wellingtontx; 04-09-2020, 12:37 PM.

Comment

We got a crew coming in from Louisiana next week to perform some flare work. I was told my company got permission for them to not quarantine, we'll see how that works out with the hotel and operators giving permits.

Comment

So let me get this straight we are exposing an officer to this **** virus by having them look at EVERY single car that goes by them. So lets say that officer catches it on day one. So for the next week while he is there checking EVERY car that is coming by him he has potentially infected EVERY one of those cars. Blows my mind.

Correct answer needs to be no I will not fill out your survey as it may be infected, and no it is not any of your business why I am running down this highway. I am a legal citizen have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by westtexducks View Post
                            So let me get this straight we are exposing an officer to this **** virus by having them look at EVERY single car that goes by them. So lets say that officer catches it on day one. So for the next week while he is there checking EVERY car that is coming by him he has potentially infected EVERY one of those cars. Blows my mind.

Correct answer needs to be no I will not fill out your survey as it may be infected, and no it is not any of your business why I am running down this highway. I am a legal citizen have a nice day.

Well keyboard tough guy, if you try that, be sure and video it!

Comment

Every road from TX to Louisiana seems pretty easy to have a check point. Not enough of them to say not enough man power. Consider the number of hours and length of the drive why not just route thru Tennessee and Arkansas and not have to worry about anything ..

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                Well keyboard tough guy, if you try that, be sure and video it!
                                If I was going to Louisiana any time soon I would. This isn't nazi Germany where we have to show papers to move about, or communist Russia, or communist China. If everyone they tried to stop illegally told them to pound sand this would stop. But the sheeple just roll over and take it because it is easier.

Comment

Working...
                                X