Root starter/stimulator question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Root starter/stimulator question

I have some chestnut trees that I planted about 3/4 years ago and two of them have "branches" growing from the base of the trunk. They're getting cut, my question is, is there a product that you can put on the branch to make it start growing roots? Seems like someone told me there was something out there for this. Also seems unrealistic, or everyone would be doing it.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Its called cloning gel. It works. Get it. Use a rooting growth cube too. The cuttings will need to be in a terrarium type of environment w high humidity. Mist the dome and the root plug. Too much water will rot your cuttings stem.

Comment

Any garden store sells root hormone. A lot of people are doing it, it’s just more popular with plants other than chestnut trees. Grafting is more commercially viable as a means for cloning trees. Fun fact: ginkgo trees are all clones, they're kind of extinct as a reproducing species.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Txtourist; 04-08-2020, 07:27 PM.

Comment

Root hormone. Same stuff you use to graft pecan trees. Get the branches wet, dip in hormone, stick in moist dirt...

Comment

Had to look [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
            Had to look [emoji23]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
            [emoji23]. Not that root ya gumhead

Thank y'all, gonna give it a try.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you do this with Peach trees?