No announcement yet.

Covid 19 and the TBH community . .

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have several that we know of that are positive, all suspect they were exposed at church in Beaumont.

My boss's Aunt, Uncle and Cousin all three are positive. Uncle said he could barely get out of bed for 3 days due to aches and back pain. The Cousin is LEO and had no symptoms other than low grade fever, he feels fine.

Our son's girlfriend's Grandmother and Uncle are both positive, uncle has no issues but grandmother coded on Sunday morning in ICU and was revived and now kidney failure. She is only 54.

As mentioned, all 5 attend the same church and there are several more, maybe a dozen all linked to the church.

Comment

Prayers for you family Oscar.

Comment

One family friend who is a doctor had it, fully recovered, said he was not sure if he was gonna make it.

Comment

My niece is a nurse practitioner at a hospital in the Woodlands. She started running a fever and was tested yesterday. Waiting on results.

Comment

Prayers sent LR for you and your family. Tough and scary times around there.

My uncle in Utah tested positive for it but is in recovery mode right now. Really wasnt that bad for him fever body aches and a slight cough for a few days. Said hes felt worse with the flu and a bad cold than this.
            His wife and kids have been in the house the whole time and all of them are good to go.

Comment

Dang Mike / Oscar...horrible news. Keep us posted on how this progress.

<><

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                Too many to count regrettably that are in my parents neighborhood. The parish is being hit at every age. The nation knows Orleans & Jefferson Parish as the hot spots. The three river parishes are being smashed (1,230 cases with 85 deaths), their are two cases on my parents street. In addition, my great aunt (99 years old and last of that generation) was diagnosed last Monday with a fever hovering a little above 100 degrees. (thank you to some good men on TBH for their daily prayers!) 11 burials in two weeks...….8 of them I know personally. St. John Parish has 562 cases with 48 deaths as of today at noon. Yes, it is real......very real with my 83 & 88 year old parents smack in the middle of it. My sister and her husband plus my mom's sister are on the same street but limit visits unless outside. Dad only goes to his 3x weekly dialysis treatments brought on by exposure to agent orange. Three of my 2nd cousins are in quarantine recovering slowly at home. Two classmates have siblings on ventilators. One classmate loss his dad last Wednesday, we spoke for nearly 2 hours on Saturday and it was really uncomfortable. We have a family GroupMe thread and all five of the RN's check in when they can. Two of those have young kids and stay at their grandmothers house next to my parents when they finish 12+ hour shifts......my mom leaves cooked meals on the porch for them everyday.....….the grandmother is with a daughter while this is going on. Yes, this too shall pass as the human race has seen worse as have the people of SE Louisiana. It may not be at your doorstep but it is definitely at others.
                Just saw this post. I said a prayer for healing, protecton, peace and strength for you and your loved ones.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                  We have several that we know of that are positive, all suspect they were exposed at church in Beaumont.

My boss's Aunt, Uncle and Cousin all three are positive. Uncle said he could barely get out of bed for 3 days due to aches and back pain. The Cousin is LEO and had no symptoms other than low grade fever, he feels fine.

Our son's girlfriend's Grandmother and Uncle are both positive, uncle has no issues but grandmother coded on Sunday morning in ICU and was revived and now kidney failure. She is only 54.

As mentioned, all 5 attend the same church and there are several more, maybe a dozen all linked to the church.
                  Prayers for you and your loved ones as well.

Comment

Still praying Oscar. Pls update Ms. Lillian’s condition when you can.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                      Still praying Oscar. Pls update Ms. Lillian’s condition when you can.
                      Thanks Charlie and the other prayer warriors you have gotten to elevate my great aunt. She is holding steady with a temp around 99.5 - 100.9 or so. She is still in her home but not eating very much. Mom says her daughters are doing everything to keep at home. If she has to geaux into the hospital nobody can stay with her which would be a disaster as she has some dementia issues......which would mean sedating her for the entire hospitalization. Numbers are still numbingly high in the NOLA area and hopefully rates can come down quickly over the next week.

Comment

Sent up for you LR

Comment

Thanks Oscar! Updated the class, and asked specifically for healing that she not have to be taken to the hospital. Folks from her generation are just tougher than we are and that's a fact! God speed to her full recovery!

Comment

Continued prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                            X