Estimated 12-14’ gate cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estimated 12-14’ gate cost

We are buying a new house and one of my wish lists is to have an electric gate. I built this gate a while back but with everything going on with moving and such I wanted to see what an estimate would be to have a similar one built. No arches or anything just a simple rectangular gate with maybe a single “C” or some wildlife art in the middle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by canny View Post
    We are buying a new house and one of my wish lists is to have an electric gate. I built this gate a while back but with everything going on with moving and such I wanted to see what an estimate would be to have a similar one built. No arches or anything just a simple rectangular gate with maybe a single “C” or some wildlife art in the middle.

I got quotes that ranged anywhere from $5k if I bought and installed the opener to over $10k for turn key. Fairly simple design like yours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

GHOST CONTROLS® Dual automatic gate opener systems are the perfect solution for any dual agricultural style or tubular gate used to access your property.

Comment

I can't imagine it costing $5k.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammerdown View Post
          I can't imagine it costing $5k.

Yeah I’ve looked at those openers. Would probably just run a single as the gate should make weight.

Comment

Just the gate or turn key gate, set post, electricity, opener.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
              Just the gate or turn key gate, set post, electricity, opener.....

Just gate, I can do all the rest. I can build the gate also, just have so much on my plate right now

Comment

We're probably too far out for you (in Mckinney), but we build custom gates. Shoot me a PM if you'd like us to price it out.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                  Yeah I’ve looked at those openers. Would probably just run a single as the gate should make weight.

Contact Destry on here. He has been doing some jam up stuff lately.

Comment

Call your local high school or a nearby one and talk to the ag teacher. Lots of kids need a project and will build the gate if you buy materials. Then you make a donation to the school. I know people who have done bbq trailers and flatbeds that’s way. Of course it depends on how the school year is with the virus mess.

Comment

Spidermonkey can answer that...he’s THE MAN!

Comment

Sounds like you've been down this road before. Here is my advice from having to do it twice.

1. Go with a 16' gate
                        2. US Automatic for the opener. Patriot model.
                        3. greaseable, weld on, ball bearing hinges

Comment

What area will you be in? I had one built by pjrincon on here for my house in Crosby. shoot me a PM and I can send you some pictures of how it turned out.

Comment

Guy I work wanted a 1000 for something like this.

Comment

Working...
                            X