Best 3G Game Camera That Can Text Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best 3G Game Camera That Can Text Pics?

We are looking to get a couple of these.

Which ones do you use?

Pros / Cons

Reliability?

Pic Quality?

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTT

Comment

I run 4 coverts and have for a long time, but if you do a search Ross, you will be able to read until you are even more confused.

They all have their pros/cons. I have only used covert, so that is what I am comfortable with.

Comment

Covert with Eneloops, and their solar panel. Set it and forget it.

Comment

Browning strike force best bang for buck

Comment

I have the Snyper 3g. Good bang for your buck, pretty good battery life on using lithium batteries. Only complaint is the app could use some tweaking

Comment

I used a covert for about 2 and a half years. It got moved around to quite a few places and different conditions. When used in Creek bottoms or places that stayed wet, it would start to collect moisture behind the lens and pics became foggy. Pulled it out and set in rice for a few days and it would clear up. At almost the 2nd year, the display screen developed black lines across it. Then at 2 and a half, the display got to the point where the balance of the screen was just too dark to see.
              Contacted Covert and the wanted me to pre-pay $25 for an assessment on whether or not they could fix it. That told me to start shopping.
              Pictures were pretty good in the daytime but so so at night.

Comment

why don't they have 4g or lte cameras yet??? seems like it would transfer date quicker and save battery. Wonder why the lag.

Comment

Originally posted by J-Fish View Post
                  why don't they have 4g or lte cameras yet??? seems like it would transfer date quicker and save battery. Wonder why the lag.
                  He didn’t ask about 4g or LTE

New Covert is LTE from what I’m hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                    Jeff how long have you had this set up

Comment

odd.. wrote to wrong thread

Comment

Yup yup...Same here. Amazon Basics 2400MAH are basically rebranded eneloops pros so that is another option. The batteries either way need to be 2400-2500mah

I've had mine out for 11 months now.... Roysmoke got 1 year 9 months on a set of batteries.

Comment

Spartan GoCam has worked well for me. Primos just came out with a 4G camera under $200. Will be out in April. Time will tell about pic and reception quality.

Comment

I have had covert since they came out. Trade my 2014’s in for the new 12.1’s and they only charged me $150. I have been running enneloops and just recharging, but I am looking for there solar panels and everyone is sold out. Their customer service has always been great for me.
                            Last edited by Mohawkman; 01-16-2018, 02:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                            X