Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deer lease damage from those storms this afternoon an night.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer lease damage from those storms this afternoon an night.

Hope everyone misses the damage that the storms are producing and first reported as developing this afternoon just east of Lubbock by Playa.

Unfortunately our lease between Jayton and Rotan caught what I think are some straight line heavy winds. Our camp had one RV moved a few feet off it's blocks and my 26' RV is on it's side and I have Krivoman blind I bought over the summer (and not put up yet) in a ravine east of camp and at least 3 blinds we know off blown over or busted apart. I am gong down on Saturday to view all the stands and feeder to see what is up and what is down on our lease and a lease that friends have just west of us. we have 3 camps/leases close to each other and I know that damages happened in our 2 of the 3 camps. Will know about the 3rd camp on Saturday morning.

Hope everyone missed or misses the damage from these storms.

Will post pics later this weekend after I get down there.

In

Comment

Sorry to hear about that. One of our guys is at our camp out of Jayton and no damage there.

Comment

Dang that's tough. Good luck hope there is not a lot of damage

Comment

I work in Stonewall County, and have a few landowners right on the County line NW of the Double Mountains that had a lot of similar damage. Also in the Peacock and Swenson areas. Lots of barns and hunters cabins that lost roofs and siding. My coworker's weather station measured 60 mph winds in Peacock.
          I heard a potential twister right on ABC Creek right along 70. Damaged fences, twisted trees, and unfortunately not much rain.

Comment

dang that sucks!

Comment

Man, that stinks. I hope my lease wasn't affected. We are just East of Rotan in northern Scurry and Fisher county. I'm headed up next Thursday. I hope for no surprises!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hate to hear that mudslinger

Comment

Sorry to hear about your situation Doug. I hope ours is ok. Let me know what you see at our camp when you head back. Let us know if you need any help getting your things set up or fixed.

Comment

Doug,

If you need any help setting blinds back up, repairing stands or anything else please call. I would be glad to help.

Comment

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can salvage some of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
                        I work in Stonewall County, and have a few landowners right on the County line NW of the Double Mountains that had a lot of similar damage. Also in the Peacock and Swenson areas. Lots of barns and hunters cabins that lost roofs and siding. My coworker's weather station measured 60 mph winds in Peacock.
                        I heard a potential twister right on ABC Creek right along 70. Damaged fences, twisted trees, and unfortunately not much rain.
                        ABC Creek and Hwy 70 is just south of us and ABC creek runs to the west of us. We are on the north end of Cty Rd 438.

Thanks for the offer of help Keith. Hopefully it is not too bad except for getting my RV right side up again.

Comment

My parents will be swinging by the ranch this evening to check on the barn and ranch house

Comment

Man you poor north Texas guys have been getting pounded this Spring. What's new I guess. Hoping everyone is hanging in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                              Hope everyone misses the damage that the storms are producing and first reported as developing this afternoon just east of Lubbock by Playa.

Unfortunately our lease between Jayton and Rotan caught what I think are some straight line heavy winds. Our camp had one RV moved a few feet off it's blocks and my 26' RV is on it's side and I have Krivoman blind I bought over the summer (and not put up yet) in a ravine east of camp and at least 3 blinds we know off blown over or busted apart. I am gong down on Saturday to view all the stands and feeder to see what is up and what is down on our lease and a lease that friends have just west of us. we have 3 camps/leases close to each other and I know that damages happened in our 2 of the 3 camps. Will know about the 3rd camp on Saturday morning.

Hope everyone missed or misses the damage from these storms.

Will post pics later this weekend after I get down there.
                              Sorry to hear this. Hope the camper can be salvaged and tipped back over. let me know if you need anything on the blind. I am sure it survived, just worried about glass and doors etc..

Comment

Working...
                              X