Boat insurance question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat insurance question

Wondering what y'all are paying for boat insurance on your $50-60,000 rigs? Got a quote today and it seems high to me but I haven't owned a boat in about 10 years. Thanks.

I think I was paying around 700 a year, but since then I have increased the coverage/policy.

I use Charter Lakes.

Comment

I've been paying $450 plus a year since 2006 for a 24' pontoon purchased new with a 90 hp Mercury four stroke. I dropped the insurance last week and got a bill today for $5.95 cancelation fee.

Comment

I use Progressive. My boat is only worth about half or a third of what you're asking about. I have auto insurance with them also so it gives me a little break on the premium . Mine is $200 a year. That's for comprehensive and liability.

I had to use them on one claim. I had someone steal a 15 hp kicker motor off of it. Progressive paid within 3 days of getting the police report with zero hassle. I've been real happy with them.

Comment

I'm paying about $20 a month on my 2003 Avalanche 18 1/2 ft 150 merc. Full coverage

Comment

I'm around 900 but that's a commercial policy with geico.

Comment

$ 24.99 a month, with progressive and includes boat tow and trailer tow also....

Comment

$235 a year for my '96 Champion. I have a rider for a set value though cause their definition of market value and mine are way off. I smacked a tree about 8 years ago and it spider-cracked the gelcoat. I finally turned in a $7k repair claim after it kept spreading and the insurance company totaled it. I bought it back from them and got the boat fixed for half price with cash. My agent said if I would show em the repair bills they would insure it again for same coverage and premium. I was surprised because the adjuster said they would never insure it again after a total loss. Long story short...its worth it to me even with an old boat, just make sure you get the rider and also extra coverage for your gear. They wont cover your 6 Falcon rods with Calcutta reels if they're stolen. I learned that the hard way.

Comment

pm sent

Comment

$553/year for a Haynie through Charter Lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by KG68 View Post
                      I've been paying $450 plus a year since 2006 for a 24' pontoon purchased new with a 90 hp Mercury four stroke. I dropped the insurance last week and got a bill today for $5.95 cancelation fee.
                      It's probably the pro-rata amount you still owed for the time your boat was still covered.

Comment

I was at 500/yr. through Boaters/VIP, for 1/2 the value your talking about. Dropped them a few years ago when the draught drain the lakes up here. Looking for new coverage.

Comment

Working...
                        X