How many people here use Sitka camo?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many people here use Sitka camo?

I got started on my collection prior to my CO Elk hunt this year, and have just been absolutely flabbergasted by the quality, comfort and fit. It's to the point where using my Academy camo gets depressing.

Yes, it's expensive as heck, but if you shop around you can save 50% or so by buying lightly used or clearance.

Any other Sitka die hards here?

Trying to buy the discounted stuff to start the collection my self but camofire always seems to have stuff that is either to big or to small. Where are you finding it discounted 50%?
    Last edited by Pedernal; 11-13-2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

i love it, i have the open country and optifade patterns and use them everytime im out hunting, fits great and excellent at cutting wind and keeping you dry

Comment

You could say I do

Seriously though, some great stuff that is hard to beat. I hunt in Nevada, so good gear is very desirable here, as opposed to hunting out of a blind, tripod, etc. The last thing you want is to be a day or more from your vehicle and miserable because of weather conditions. Sitting still in Sitka for a few hours during the winter will leave you freezing quick, but as long as you are moving you are golden.

Some I use for camping(plain colors) and others I use for hunting/scouting trips.

I really like the open country pattern, but really wish they still made it in mountain mimcry. I found it is the best for hunting in Texas, especially in cedar and oak. But where I hunt in Texas the most, with it mostly being sage and white rocks while stalk and stalk hunting, the open country pattern has been awesome. Literally had my sister scan by me and keep looking while I was walking ahead of her one time, until I waved my hand.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Bowhuntamistad; 11-13-2015, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Used to have a bunch of Sitka, started wearing Kuiu and sold all my Sitka stuff. Still a very good brand of clothing

Comment

The Kuiu is better and the price is superior too.

Comment

Amen Brother!! KUIU is Superior!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tradman1971 View Post
                Amen Brother!! KUIU is Superior!!!
                I wouldn't say superior, but they are very competitive to one another. I own both and like both, but wouldn't say one is better than the other. The only real difference I have found in function is the camo pattern...that should tell you something. It would be another Chevy Vs Ford type of debate, you are really splitting hairs at that point, especially with these two camo brands.

To me, KUIU/Sitka are superior to walmart camo, Bass Pro brand camo, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhuntamistad View Post
                  I wouldn't say superior, but they are very competitive to one another. I own both and like both, but wouldn't say one is better than the other. The only real difference I have found in function is the camo pattern...that should tell you something. It would be another Chevy Vs Ford type of debate, you are really splitting hairs at that point, especially with these two camo brands.

To me, KUIU/Sitka are superior to walmart camo, Bass Pro brand camo, etc.
                  I own both. If you are active on a pack in type mountainous Western hunts both of the breathable Sitka and Kuiu are exceptional. If you are stationary in cold weather and For long periods I would give an advantage to some of the Sitka items such as the Blizzard series. The down Kuiu items are super light and extremely packable but for stand hunting in Texas I have had better success with berber wool type items with wind stopper.

Comment

KUIU has 4-way stretch material. Super Comfy!! It's like wearing pajamas to the blind!

Comment

Sitka is good stuff...... But I'm hooked on Kuiu.
                      Like said above, it's like wearing pj's in the woods

BTW
                      I'm headed out now wearing a combination of both

Comment

Anyone try NOMAD yet? I have a jacket and like it alot but thats only nice thing I own.

Comment

How does the first lite gear stack up against the sitka and kuiu? I'm trying to figure out which would be better for stand hunting those cold mornings, but don't want to cry more than once lol. Stuff is pricey

Comment

Is either one of Hesse mentioned good for cold weather?

Sitka or kuiu?

I'm thinking of switching but, I need something that will keep me warm

Comment

Working...
                            X