Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody on ArcheryTalk too? Why so much hate from people on there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody on ArcheryTalk too? Why so much hate from people on there?

I'm on ArcheryTalk too (TBH is MUCH better, obviously), but whenever I post something (and my posts are always positive, usually asking questions, or sharing some cool pictures or videos), there are always more guys trolling and talking crap than any real advice. Why does everybody feel that since they have an opinion, it NEEDS to be heard? I think that's part of the problem with social media lifestyle these days...it has given EVERYBODY a chance to voice their opinion, and frankly, I'm of the belief that not everybody is justified or even smart enough to be espousing their opinions.

Thank you to my TBH brethren (and sistren?) for takin the high road and being good people, and not talking crap for the sake of talking crap. My mom always said "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all!"

This thread is a total waste of time and forum space. Don't you have anything better to do?

As a general rule of thumb, most people=poop until proven otherwise. The internet has provided relative anonymity to folks who have nothing better to do than troll around and stir people up. There are a handful of those individuals on this site as well.

Comment

I completely disagree with you, and think that posts like this are the problem.

Comment

Ditto, dilly dilly, hashtag or whatever is relevant

Comment

That’s why I don’t visit there much now. When I do, I try to stay in the competitive archery forums and stay away from the general forums.

Comment

I think it goes back to the early days of TBH when a feeling of community was established and some, my self included didn't use screen names. When you know people personally and are not hiding behind an anonymous pseudonym it's a lot harder to be over the top and outrageous.

Then Michael and Casey among others started to enforce a set of guidelines that discouraged the kinds of things you are talking about. Michael has been very clear from the beginning this isn't a free forum and while we want everyone to participate we need everyone to follow a set of guidelines to keep things civil and friendly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Dave; 03-21-2018, 09:16 AM.

Comment

Had a lot of good erperiences on AT, became friends with some. I don’t get involved with the negatives, sad to say they are everywhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post
                I think it goes back to the early days of TBH when a feeling of community was established and some, my self included didn't use screen names. When you know people personally and are not hiding behind an anonymous pseudonym it's a lot harder to be over the top and outrageous.

Then Michael and Casey among others started to enforce a set of guidelines that discouraged the kinds of things you are talking about. Michael has been very clear from the beginning this isn't a free forum and while we want everyone to participate we need everyone to follow a set of guidelines to keep things civil and friendly.

Accurate and very well said Dave! Were it not for the "controls" in place here on the GS, it would be no different, and thank you and all the other mods who keep this place special!

Comment

I see you haven't run into the TBH clique yet...

Comment

Originally posted by pure lefty View Post
                    Had a lot of good erperiences on AT, became friends with some. I don’t get involved with the negatives, sad to say they are everywhere.

I have never had a bad experience in AT although I haven’t been over there in a while.
                    Had a problem tuning my bow and Nuts and Bolts walked me completely through the process (field tips and broadheads flying the same) He’s a good dude and knows his stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

TBH is my go to forum for just about everything.

Only time I'm ever on AT is to get a smoking deal on a new bow. And yes, the deals I get on AT smoke the great deals I've seen on here. Just a different crowd i suppose, don't care to socialize over there

Comment

I check in time-to-time, mainly in the DIY forum and in the General ARchery and Bowhunting forums. Main thing I like to read is Nuts n Bolts' postings and discussions. I have made some great improvements in my form and in my approach to target panic just by reading and carefully applying what I've read.

But--there is lots of stuff there that I just don't understand.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave View Post

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Accurate and very well said Dave! Were it not for the "controls" in place here on the GS, it would be no different, and thank you and all the other mods who keep this place special!

This^^^^^^

Comment

TBH is a one of a kind place, from what I've found. No other compares. My experience started on TFF, then THF when they started it up. I've been on TB,TKF, AT,PreadatorMasters (only place I've seen even close, and that may have changed over the years. Don't frequent it much), TPP,JWF, and KA just to name the ones off the top of my head.
                            Unique bunch here, and as mentioned I think the mods do a pretty good job of keeping it that way!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Neohighlander View Post
                              I think that's part of the problem with social media lifestyle these days...it has given EVERYBODY a chance to voice their opinion, and frankly, I'm of the belief that not everybody is justified or even smart enough to be espousing their opinions.
                              I definitely agree with this.

Comment

Working...
                              X