Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BowCrazy View Post
    Nice rifle.

Sorry if I missed it but what twist is it?

I believe it is a 7 twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

You have nice toys!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        I believe it is a 7 twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
        Meh, looking on line it’s a 1:9. Remington should have gone with a faster twist.

Comment

Originally posted by sendit View Post
          Meh, looking on line it’s a 1:9. Remington should have gone with a faster twist.
          It's 1:9. If I ever have it rebarreled it will be a 1 and 7

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Initial sight in with FGMM 77gr SMKs and POI testing of an HTG Aris, TBAC 223P1 and a Gemtek Trek.
            The 1:9 barrel seems to throw the 77 grain smk as without a problem. The groups are generally 1 Moa but there are occasional fires. Since these were the first rounds down the barrel we'll have to wait and see how well the barrel breaks in.

Everybody agreed that the HTG Heroes was the quietest suppressor of the three. Both the HTG Eros and the tbac 223 P1 had approximately 1 inch of shift. The shift is repeatable on the HTG. I will do further testing and confirm that the shift disreputable on the others.

TI

Ready for initial Zero and some POI testing. Which suppressor will be the quietest? TBAC 223P1, HTG Aris, Gemtech Trek Ti on the Remington 700 Milspec 5r 20" barrel with a The larue mount is a 20moa from @laruetactical with Badger Ordnance rings and a Schmidt and Bender pm5-25.

The HTC Eris the quietest of the three according to everyone listening. This is of course an unscientific assessment based on the human ears perception of the sound.

The old TBAC 223P1 had a similar point of impact shift to the HTC Eris. The other people who were listening thought it was louder than the HTG and quieter than the Trek.

The Gemtech Trek TI. The loudest of the three and it had the largest amount of point of impact shift.

I am using the Thunderbird Long range Tacky Sack as a rest.

Comment

Tried the Surefire SOCOM556RC on the rifle. Shot 10 rds. If FGMM 77gr SMKs.

2 odd things.
              1. The SOCOM556RC had 2.5moa down and 2.5moa left POI shift.
              2. The HTG Aris switched sides on its POI.

Comment

I have the same rifle in 300 win mag. Your scope is just a tad nicer than my vortex.....

Great shooting rifle

Comment

I'm digging it.

I have a 22-250AI but I'd like to add one of these to the safe for some fun shooting for days at a time plus another hog yote killer added to the group.

Only need a little cash and I'd have one of each.

Comment

Nice set up

Comment

Thanks.

I need to work on technique I think.

Comment

Very nice stick there

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                          Very nice stick there

Sierracharlie out…
                          Thank you

Comment

Great set up Sean!

Comment

You don't seem like the kind of guy that likes to be told anything, but you should try some 69SMK's instead of those 77's. Ive seen many of the 5R's come and go over the years and everyone wants to shoot 77's down them and they group just exactly like yours does......poorly. Im basing this off assuming you have decent basic fundamental trigger pulling abilities already. The 69's will improve the rifle's accuracy, but 55's will be where it shines the brightest.

Just my .02 cents......

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                                You don't seem like the kind of guy that likes to be told anything, but you should try some 69SMK's instead of those 77's. Ive seen many of the 5R's come and go over the years and everyone wants to shoot 77's down them and they group just exactly like yours does......poorly. Im basing this off assuming you have decent basic fundamental trigger pulling abilities already. The 69's will improve the rifle's accuracy, but 55's will be where it shines the brightest.

Just my .02 cents......
                                Why would you think that in don't like to be told anything? I'm open to learning new things. So thank you for the suggestion. It is appreciated and no agree with it.

1. Already have some 69gr handloads that I loaded for my 3 gun match AR. Just haven't gotten to that phase of the break in. Might try them next time out.

2. It's a 1:9 so I would expect it to shine with 69s. I wouldn't expect 55s to be the sweet spot as the old 1:12 barrels were what the 55s were designed for. I'm game to try them. Just need some 55s that are more precision oriented than the m193 or whatever it is.

3. There was some question as to whether the 5r 1:9 would stabilize the 77s. It seems to do that, but the plan is to try the 69s and the 55s.

Comment

Working...
                                X