Best all AR optics for under $700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best all AR optics for under $700

Want to be able to max out the distance so red dots aren't option. Go!

Sorry meant all around or most versatile

Comment

Probably a 1-4 or 2-7 adjustable scope would be the most versatile

Comment

I put a Vortex viper pst 1-4 on my BCM and love it. Can be used like a red dot on 1x and good for stretching its legs on 4x.

Comment

Put a 4-12 Leuplod VXR firedot on mine and love it

Comment

Originally posted by trophy_taker View Post
            Want to be able to max out the distance so red dots aren't option. Go!
            What research have you done already?

Comment

if you want a vortex 2-7 (mine I love it)
              if you want a Leopold 1-6 Leopold patrolmen

there are a sprinkling of nightforce and Schmidt and bender that fit this bill..

I'm a HUUUUGE vortex fan though.... for the dollar I don't think you can beat it

Comment

1-4 Vortex and the M223 2-8 are both excellent scopes for acquiring targets quickly. I had instances when I was being charged by animals in close quarters using each of those scopes and was able to dispatch both charges. Had I used a more powerful scope I may not be here.

Comment

What kind of AR? A 5.56 with a 16" barrel? What range? Is fast close-range target acquisition important, or are you thinking more about shooting off a rest at 300 yards?

Comment

IMO M223 is not worth much of anything...

Even the low power have "tactical knobs" WHY? you have your MAGIC BDC reticle? why do you need to adjust after you zero? in the low power scopes, made 2 shoot to 400 TOPS then you DEFINATLY don't need them. If you put the larger power scopes on it MAYBE, but then why use BDC? use the knobs... I mean unless your running at least an 18 barrel gun with 1-7 twist running 77's through so you can get to 600+ with some consistancey(yes much farther is possible) then what is the point? Just clutters the field of view to have that tree...

They hung as many bells and whistles on them as they could to be TATICOOL...

If you want a lower power then your looking for a short stubby scope with not a lot of stuff to catch things when you whip it up and need to shoot on 1x.

if your shooting longer range then get a scope with mil/mil or moa/moa reticle learn to shoot it and run your nobs, you'll be a better shooter for it

EDIT: also the "magic bdc" only works at full power... soooo when you are on 3 power and shooting at pigs and they run and you want to do the dream AR situation where you just keep killing them as they run farther and farther away, you have to run the zoom all the way up while your doing it, re-acquire them in the scope and shoot... all at the same time lol
                    Last edited by catslayer; 04-25-2015, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Vortex Razor 1-6.

Comment

I bought a used 4x32 Zeiss for hunting.

Comment

Burris MTEC 1-4X24 w/AR PEPR mount about $430

It'll do what you want fron CQC to 600yds

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                            Vortex Razor 1-6.

Where can one of those be found for under $700?

Comment

Will I still see my front site with low power?

Comment

Working...
                              X