New 6.5 Grendel build suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New 6.5 Grendel build suggestions

Building my first, after buying multiple factory 5.56 AR's in the past. I have a new billet lower already. Looking for suggestions on stock, lower parts and trigger. Looking at a complete Odin billet upper with 20" barrel, BCG and charge handle. I'd rather buy a complete quality upper than build one honestly, so if there are any others you'd suggest I'll look into them. Any suggestions would be helpful and appreciated.

Larue. For the price it’s a no-brainer. And having the UU kit will hold its value much better than a comparable Frankenstein build.

Comment

Sub

Comment

The heart of any build is the barrel. If you want to buy a complete then Larue or Odin build good uppers.

I like to build my own as I go with much better barrels. I like the Satern Cut rifled barrel.

But to build a match grade upper you will be spending more money. Barrel alone is $600 and then you add in everything else. Total cost for the one I just built for my dad was about $1200.

Comment

Going with the Larue Ultimate Upper Kit. Should have it in a few days, I'm pumped! Now time to round up ammo.

Comment

How are you getting it in a few days??? I ordered mine on 2/12 and they told me 6-8 week lead time. I'm in no rush but dang...

Comment

Originally posted by Saltwaterag View Post
              How are you getting it in a few days??? I ordered mine on 2/12 and they told me 6-8 week lead time. I'm in no rush but dang...
              Well maybe I'm not lol I just went by the shipping time... I'm in no hurry as well just ready to get it all put together and go assault some pigs

Comment

Originally posted by UncleBubba View Post
                Well maybe I'm not lol I just went by the shipping time... I'm in no hurry as well just ready to get it all put together and go assault some pigs
                That's what got me as well but I talked to Larue on Monday and they told me 6-8 weeks on the UU kit. I told him about the shipping time deal and he said they should probably put some kind of notice on lead times and not shipping times. Heck I have a pile of ammo, magazines and new glass just sitting in the safe waiting!

Comment

Mine

Radical upper, Anderson Lower, Magpull furniture, Nikon Monarch Scope....

Took my best Buck in years in November...yeah, still bragging on him.

My favorite hunting rifle now.......LOL, still using the same pic, sorry for the repeat!
                  Attached Files

Comment

My 2 cents: Krieger Barrels are the best of the best the end. Bought my complete upper from Precision Firearms. Have been extremely happy with it.

Not cheap, but the quality is rocksolid; has impressed anyone who's shot it.

Comment

Working...
                    X