Beaumont area needing boats.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beaumont area needing boats.

Just reported (but we all knew yesterday) that Beaumont area is putting a call out for Boats.

use the http://houstonharveyrescue.com/ app

I can't find a clear route from here to get there. I just passed a TPWD convoy headed north on 45, I assume they are trying to go up, across and down to get around all the flooded roads

Comment

My younger cousin lives near mall in port Arthur. Rescue folks everywhere. She is dry and safe but noted it looks like her katrina experience around her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
        I can't find a clear route from here to get there. I just passed a TPWD convoy headed north on 45, I assume they are trying to go up, across and down to get around all the flooded roads
        yeh im looking for one too... let me know if you find one..

Comment

Not a lot of ways in, if any. Most towns around are flooded too. I'm in Beaumont, and I cannot even get north to Lumberton.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
            My younger cousin lives near mall in port Arthur. Rescue folks everywhere. She is dry and safe but noted it looks like her katrina experience around her.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
            The mall area, lake Arthur drive, turtle creek etc had or may have still 5-6'.

Comment

Originally posted by TallTexan View Post
              Not a lot of ways in, if any. Most towns around are flooded too. I'm in Beaumont, and I cannot even get north to Lumberton.
              Yes sir, I have talked to multiple friends on paths along S.H. 87, S.H. 287, S.H. 12, S.H. 105, S.H. 96 and I-10 and all are saying he same things, "you can make it to about a line east to west around Evadale" but that is as far as they can confirm you can go headed south.

I appreciate all the feed back, this site and the people on this site never stop amazing me.

Rwc

Comment

Originally posted by Rwc View Post
                Yes sir, I have talked to multiple friends on paths along S.H. 87, S.H. 287, S.H. 12, S.H. 105, S.H. 96 and I-10 and all are saying he same things, "you can make it to about a line east to west around Evadale" but that is as far as they can confirm you can go headed south.

I appreciate all the feed back, this site and the people on this site never stop amazing me.

Rwc

I was thinking Buna to Mauriceville to vidor, but I think 12 is shut down.

Overheard someone that lives close to Mauriceville saying they had to go to Orange to get on I10 to get to Beaumont.

Comment

Any news on any way in?

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                    Any news on any way in?
                    No, there's nothing. I've been looking and calling all day.

Comment

Please let me know anything you find

Comment

Absolutely.

Comment

I guess we could go south to Galveston, east on 87 to 124, launch into the intercoastal at 124 and make the 30 mile boat run....

Seriously, it appears all routes are blocked.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                            I guess we could go south to Galveston, east on 87 to 124, launch into the intercoastal at 124 and make the 30 mile boat run....

Seriously, it appears all routes are blocked.
                            Yes.
                            You know if 45 is open all the way from north of Houston to Galveston?

Comment

Originally posted by JLivi1224 View Post
                              Yes.
                              You know if 45 is open all the way from north of Houston to Galveston?
                              No first hand knowledge but according to drivetexas.org 45 S is open.

Comment

Working...
                              X