No announcement yet.

Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bought my first jeep last year(2017 Sahara Winter edition)It's my daily driver but I also have a 2011 F250. It's nice to drive around town. However, it is very sluggish. I believe it has the 3.21 gears which are horrible even with the jeep being completely stock. I went to pick up a Hustler zero turn mower with a 5x8 trailer and I was lucky to go 75 mph on the highway.

I will eventually regear it, but it will do for now. I get about 17mpg and got 11k miles on it so far

Comment

Love my 06 LJ

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        What year and issues did you have?
        2011 with the the 3.8....I don’t believe the 3.6 is “that” much better.

36k I replaced the egr valve
        45k wheel speeds sensor
        Around 80-90k starting burning 1-2 quarts oil per 5k miles.
        90k A/C line burnt holes in itself.
        105k pcv valve
        110k egr valve for the second time
        112k my front end is starting to wear out

Every single week I have a check engine light come on for unknown reasons.. you can do they key trick and codes won’t show most of the time so I’m unsure if anything is actually tripping it. If that light isn’t on my gascap signal is on. Evap leak detected but doesn’t stay on consistently and all lines have been inspected. Roof leaks in heavy rains (enough to pool in my floor mats).
        I’ll nit pick here but who would put plastic nut covers on lug nuts??

Comment

Had an unlimited 2015 for 12 months. Than with 7200 miles the motor blew. 6 months later and an incompetent dealer. I was repaid in full by fia pt under the lemon law. My 03 taco with 177k miles is more reliable. Never will own a fiat Chrysler product again

Comment

Originally posted by rferg84 View Post
            Probably a 2018.

If getting a 2018 Id get a JLU with the 8 speed over the JKU 6 speed.

Comment

ttt

Comment

Mostly love mine, 2016 Rubicon Unlimited, but it is also a second or third car for us.

I work out of it and hate days when I have to drive more than an hour....it just simply isn't a road car. It chews up tires like no other vehicle on earth.

I wouldn't own one as my primary vehicle.

Comment

I’ve had 4 Jeeps. One 2004 TJ, a 2004 LJ, a 2012 JKU Rubicon and a 2014 JKU Rubicon. They are fun vehicles for sure, and they hold value. Out of all my Jeeps my favorite would be the 2004 TJ. The new ones just seem too fancy for me. The old 4.0 inline six is a great motor, and will run forever. If you are just looking for a toy, a TJ would be hard to beat. My TH is the only one that I’ll keep forever.

Comment

Wife has a 2016 JKU.. she loves it..
                    its a fun toy to build too.. much less expensive to rig than the F250...

Remember.. its a jeep.. you dont buy it for comfort, gas mileage, or the ride.
                    ITs a brick. remember that and keep remembering that.

Comment

2017 JKU, purchased in July. Daily driver with about 23k on it. 3.21 gears and an average of 18mpg. I came out of a 2010 Silverado, 4x4, with the baby v-8, that was a dog!
                      My Wrangler flies compared to the Cheby. I have 2 sets of wheels and tires. Daily drivers and KO2's that I put on when I know I will be off road. Rotating tires regularly and wearing fine. No lift.
                      Regrets: I didn't do ANY research before my purchase, so I left a lot on the table.
                      I would've got the dual top option, possibly? I got the hardtop and now would like to have a soft top for the summer. Oh, headlights! There was an LED option. The one I originally looked at had them, they sold that Jeep that evening after I left. I bought a different Jeep the following day that had standard halogen. I didn't realize how bad the non-led lights were until I drove it the first time in the dark.
                      There are many little things, like rock chips in the paint and windshield that really annoy me, but the joy I get running doorless and just all around fun of driving it, soon outweighs those things.
                      There is some good info here, that I wish I'd had before I bought mine:

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
                        Wife has a 2016 JKU.. she loves it..
                        its a fun toy to build too.. much less expensive to rig than the F250...

Remember.. its a jeep.. you dont buy it for comfort, gas mileage, or the ride.
                        ITs a brick. remember that and keep remembering that.
                        Yep! This exactly. That said I'm thinking about selling my 2016 and getting a new JL.

Comment

I would love to have one....but not as a daily driver...too uncomfortable for me

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            I would love to have one....but not as a daily driver...too uncomfortable for me
                            Curious what is uncomfortable about it? Have you driven one lately? I had a co-worker ask me yesterday if mine "bounced me around"? Her husband has a 2006 and she said it rides very rough.
                            I drove mine to Ruidoso, in August and was worried about the comfort because I'd heard so many people complain about it. No comfort issues at all. I drove to Vegas in January and the only thing I found uncomfortable about it on that trip was when I tried to sleep in the back. I didn't have enough cushion underneath me to compensate for the uneven transition where the back seats fold down.
                            I can see where a tall person might not have enough leg room, or a big guy might get cramped up though. I did read a post on a Wrangler forum where a giant had made brackets to relocate his seat further back to keep his knee from hitting the manual window roller downer! [emoji23]
                            I see no reason to buy a vehicle with manual windows.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post
                              Curious what is uncomfortable about it? Have you driven one lately? I had a co-worker ask me yesterday if mine "bounced me around"? Her husband has a 2006 and she said it rides very rough.
                              I drove mine to Ruidoso, in August and was worried about the comfort because I'd heard so many people complain about it. No comfort issues at all. I drove to Vegas in January and the only thing I found uncomfortable about it on that trip was when I tried to sleep in the back. I didn't have enough cushion underneath me to compensate for the uneven transition where the back seats fold down.
                              I can see where a tall person might not have enough leg room, or a big guy might get cramped up though. I did read a post on a Wrangler forum where a giant had made brackets to relocate his seat further back to keep his knee from hitting the manual window roller downer! [emoji23]

I know a lot of old schoolers have the "electric windows is just something else to mess up" mentality lol.

Comment

Originally posted by tgil View Post

I am both big and tall....so yes it is cramped for me. I have owned about 6 jeeps in my life, the best being a 83 CJ8....The one vehicle I ever regret selling to this day...

The seats just are not comfortable to me, they bounce around a lot, and you feel every bump. I am not knocking them, as I will probably own another one one day, I just love my truck and the comfort and use I get out of it.

Comment

Working...
                                X