Game warden visit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
    I don’t want them at my house or at deer camp. No reason to harass me or my family.
    i could not agree more and driving up to my set up would put me in a terrible mood.

these guys that get out and welcome that must kiss the ground they walk on. okay sir, now that youve screwed up an honest mans hunt, see if you can now go and catch a fire hunter! dont be afraid to get some mud on those boots!

Comment

They can visit me anytime. Nothing to HIDE...

Comment

Our game warden is welcome at camp anytime. Met Miles last year, he is doing his job and cover a big area.Had supper with us one night. Had to contact game warden when I hunted in Llano on a trespassing and poaching issue, he was supprised when I handed him the drivers and hunting license of the perp.

Comment

No problem with them meeting me at camp or at the road. I'd sure be upset if he drove up to the stand and have a missed opportunity on a deer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

While it's in there legal right to come on my property and ask their questions. I will never invite them into my home. Just like I won't let a regular cop in my house or search my car(in a professional capacity, I'm friends with a lot of cops)

Nothing to hide. Just my rights to protect.

I'd be pretty mad if one visited me in the stand.

Comment

They stopped by my place

Comment

I sure wish there were more GWs and those extra resources could be used for those “easy” camp visits and getting to know the good people and good camps. A heck of a lot more goodwill would be generated and communications lines established...and I am not advocating shakedowns or “fishing missions” to find a way to write a ticket for say not properly cutting out a date on a tiny piece of Tivek. In regards to driving up to my set, I would hope that they were there based on a report or investigation, and not a simple “may I see your license” visit.

I support the GWs in the efforts to catch the scum that shares our woods with is, but I am a little iffy on how things actually play out.

Comment

In the early 80's at Possum Kingdom, we would get a visit every opening day of bow season. The guy was a jerk! He would check licenses, check poundage on our bows ( had min draw weight back then), search our trucks and search our campers. Everything! They finally got rid of him due to harassing campers in the state park. Guy was a piece of work.

Comment

Back when I had a lease, camp was visible from the highway. We were checked often and every year. Sometimes they came out of nowhere at 11pm after we had been drinking around the fire and other times they were waiting on use to come back in after morning hunt. Didn't mind one bit. It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kmiles84 View Post
                      It's a dirty job but someone has to do it.
                      We had a GW waiting on us at the boat ramp one night after bowfishing. It was super late and he took the time to dig through our fish barrel looking for any game fish. Almost felt bad for the guy.

Comment

I wouldn't want to be the one to raid camp after camp all day and night. Yeah it might be a inconvenience to some but it's necessary to keep those that do wrong at bay.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                          I’ll just say that that are a lot of good folks out there, and there are a lot of bitter, bad ones.

I don’t believe they have any business messing around on people’s property 99% of the time.
                          Who cares what you believe, they have the authority to come on your place. I hope you get a visit soon

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            In the early 80's at Possum Kingdom, we would get a visit every opening day of bow season. The guy was a jerk! He would check licenses, check poundage on our bows ( had min draw weight back then), search our trucks and search our campers. Everything! They finally got rid of him due to harassing campers in the state park. Guy was a piece of work.
                            These type of GW is what gives all the rest a bad name IMO. They abuse the authority that is granted them and should be fired.

Comment

Thanks to all you GW..do what you gota do to keep us HONEST...if you were not for you GW there would not be any Game /Fish to hunt or fish for....

Comment

I don't mind them visiting at all. The rules aren't that hard to follow. I've just never been in camp when they stop by.

Comment

Working...
                                X