Hit a big milestone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hit a big milestone

This is the last vehicle we bought new, and that was in December 2006. I’ve done every oil change myself and about 90% of what other little maintenance it’s required. I’m proud of this milestone, and ready for many, many more trouble-free miles ahead.

2007 F150 5.4 3v

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That awesome! my dad got like 219k on his 2004 f150 but it was the smaller V8. good trucks

Comment

World Record! Nice truck.

Comment

That’s cool, keep on driving her, with the cost of a new one you are way ahead!

Comment

Man, I had a 2006 Mustang, with the 4.0. I sold it at 224k. It would still burn the tires and was on the original plugs when I sold it. Those years were great for Ford's.

Comment

Originally posted by MillsJake View Post
            That awesome! my dad got like 219k on his 2004 f150 but it was the smaller V8. good trucks
            I feel I can get another 100k out of it with the same maintenance schedule.

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
            World Record! Nice truck.
            Thanks! Not sure if it's a record, but I'm confident I should keep driving it!

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
            That’s cool, keep on driving her, with the cost of a new one you are way ahead!
            Heck yeah! A new one cost almost as much as our first house!

Comment

I just turned 200K on my 2010 Explorer Spirt Trac last week!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Wow, my 2008 hasn't even hit 100k yet. I guess it doesn't get driven a lot.
                Same truck except, 4.6 and two wheel drive.

Comment

It’s an awesome feeling. I just rolled over 200k on my 08 F150 with the 5.4L a couple Of months ago. Good job sir.

Comment

196K on my 2007 SuperCrew w 5.4L also bought in December of 2006.

Hoping for another 50-100K out it.

Comment

That’s awesome. Truth be told I miss my old 08 with the 5.4. But I bought it and didn’t take care of it to last. Got rid of it at 130k with a blown motor imminent. Would loved to have kept it longer but wasn’t in the cards. My new truck has been babies to say the least.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

I have a 2000 GMC sierra I bought right after highschool when I started my first real job. It is approaching 293k miles. Starting to put some money into it now and pass it down to my oldest son who will be 16 in August.

Comment

200K is pretty good, for a 3V engine. I would plan on having to put cam phasers, timing chains and chain guides, in the near future. Valve stem seals would also be a good idea.

A buddy of mine got either 280K or 480K out of his F250 with a 5.4, before the cam phasers went bad, that thing made all types of noise. I think the chain guides and chains were also completely worn out.
                          Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 05-10-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

I have a 06 with the 5.4 and have around 280K+. Still drives good.

Comment

Nice, my '12 Silverado 6.2L just rolled over on 200K last month. Trying to run it another 100K

Comment

Working...
                              X