Vehicles, anything over 25 years old

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vehicles, anything over 25 years old

Just a heads up vehicle over 25 years old is considered Antique now to registration and title change the vehicle, you have to have a Billis sale from the seller new change as of December 16, when I went to transfer title and register. I was told either a Billis sale or have it appraised. Changes every time you go in them places.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

What is a “Billis sale”?

Comment

Over 25 years has been antique for many years now. Only has to pass safety on inspection. No emissions test.

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
          Over 25 years has been antique for many years now. Only has to pass safety on inspection. No emissions test.
          Yep. It has been that way for as long as I can remember.

Comment

Actually 2 ways to register, Antique - which has limits as to how you can use the vehicle and Classic vehicle - no limits on use. Both require only safety inspection.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              What is a “Billis sale”?
              Value of the vehicle from the seller.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverBend View Post
                Actually 2 ways to register, Antique - which has limits as to how you can use the vehicle and Classic vehicle - no limits on use. Both require only safety inspection.
                Write what I’m talking about is changing the title and registration from the original owner, requires a Billis sale as of December 16,.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                  What is a “Billis sale”?

Originally posted by Hoytbowhunter View Post
                  Value of the vehicle from the seller.

Billis sale has no meaning per Webster. Only refers back to Bill of Sale.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Billis sale has no meaning per Webster. Only refers back to Bill of Sale.
                    The clerk at the registration office, said anything 25 years older It’s considered an antique and have to have appraised value or Bill of sale they cannot blue book it.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverBend View Post
                      Ive got 2 vehicles registered as classic and never had them safety inspected. Am i supposed to getit done after i get them registered?

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                        Ive got 2 vehicles registered as classic and never had them safety inspected. Am i supposed to getit done after i get them registered?
                        Has to be inspected before you can register. Just like any other vehicle.

Comment

Wonder if my registration taxes would be lower if I got the Classic title on my '89 GMC? I drive it often. Including to work sometimes. So the "Antique" status is out, unless you want to count the driver?

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                            Wonder if my registration taxes would be lower if I got the Classic title on my '89 GMC? I drive it often. Including to work sometimes. So the "Antique" status is out, unless you want to count the driver?
                            I have the same question, I do not wanna register is it antique I think it just has something to do with being over 25 years old they cannot evaluate it or appraise it For the tax value to re-register it into my name I’m going to use it as a daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                              When my '93 turned 25, I just left the title alone. Didn't mess with changing it.

Comment

Working...
                              X