X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mustang lx 5.0

Call me crazy but I think I got the bug for one to fix up any one got one
    I guess 1988-1993 all the same

I know where a clean roller hatchback is, setup for coyote swap if interested

Comment

Or **** both sides off and put an LS in it.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	69663B44-A173-45EE-B166-4F8F2A7CE581.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	24605353

93 silver black interior . Let’s make a deal !!

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
          [ATTACH]989081[/ATTACH]

That’s sweet!

I love the lx

Comment

Originally posted by Grulla View Post
            [ATTACH]989081[/ATTACH]

Me Gusta!

Comment

Nice cars but what hurt them was the lack of braking. Buddy has 2 93 but both GT's. One vert and one coupe. Both 5 speeds.

Comment

How about an OG.....

Got you a 78 fairmont LS swapped

Comment

I am looking for a Unmolested car but open minded

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                    Don’t exist. Lol that model has been picked through. Just gotta find one that ain’t been wrecked... to bad

You open to a 6 or 4 cly? And build from there. Those are available. Employee a few years ago bought one that was a trade in for $500 running! Clean .... till he smoked 9 packs a day in it

Comment

Originally posted by austinmike View Post
                      There are some still around, they come in various conditions, but usually either very rough or very nice with big price tags. But big price tags on foxes are that high compared to other cars, usually , unless it's a Cobra or a Saleen.

I have had a guy come to me, looking for specific fox parts, he obviously restores them and or sells hard to find parts for them. I know he was looking for good clock springs, which are almost non existent and good air bag modules, which are almost has hard to find as good clock springs. There are a lot of parts that are not yet available from the restoration companies. Then many of the parts available from the restoration companies are generally crap, don't fit properly or don't work for crap. Some of the parts are pretty good. But the Chinese make way too many of the parts, they try to change things and then wind up making parts that don't work for crap. Door lock actuators have been my big gripe for years, but some guy told me there is a company that started selling good door lock actuators, but I have not tried any yet. My GT needs two door lock actuators, I tried many from different sources, they were all the same part, just different boxes, all junk.
                      One of the big common problems many people don't realize, is the wiring harnesses are usually close to garbage. The wiring harness in my car looks near perfect, but when I went to make a repair, when I figured out I had a broken TP wire, in the main engine harness. I found all of the wires in the harness were all black, I assume some corrosion I had never seen. They wires were also all brittle. I need a new harness for my car.
                      There are a lot more differences than most people realize between the 87-93 cars, the look the same for the most part, but there are a lot of differences, often people swap out parts from other year cars and create some interesting problems, the wiring harnesses can cause the worst problems. If you have a car that is all of the same year, it makes life much easier. I know most of the differences, but discover things on a regular basis, I did not know. Back when I worked on them in the dealership back in the early 90s, I had no idea how many differences there were.
                      The Cobras are typically the most desirable cars, usually the most expensive. But true 5.0 5 spd coupes can surprise you what people want for those. The GT and LX hatches typically go for about the same prices. As of five years ago, you could hardly give a hatch away, unless it was a Cobra or a Saleen. But in the past couple years, the GT and LX hatch prices have gone up quite a bit. But most guys, if they don't want a Cobra, they want a coupe. The convertibles are the least desirable for most, but there are some people who love them, I am not one of those people. I have torn way too many convertibles apart, seen way too many problems with them, that you don't usually see with the solid body cars. The convertibles are not solid bodied cars, they are very flimsy, the floors crack a lot, they crack in the transmission tunnel often. There is a long list of possible problems for those. Some of the problems are easy to fix, some problems not so easy to fix. The convertible top frames and trim are different through the years you have to know when they made changes to the convertible top assemblies, to know which years the parts are interchangeable. Years ago, I had a chart that show what years they made what changes, but I long ago, did not care what changes they made to the convertibles. But like I said, there are other people who love them.

It's a good idea to research all of the various changes to each year of car, interior trim, suspension, fenders, exterior trim. Figure out what pieces had what problems. Then once you know that stuff pretty well, look for a car. If you just go out looking for a car, there is a decent chance you will get one that has been pieced together from multiple year model cars, some of the parts interchange without much problem, others can cause some odd problems. Once I had a guy bring me a coupe, started off as a 93 4 cylinder car, if I remember correctly. Then for some strange reason, they pulled the dash, replaced the wiring harness behind the dash from a 91, I think. Then there were some 90 or 93 wiring harnesses under the hood. Then they put a 89 instrument cluster in the car. It took a while to figure out what year parts were in the car and then how each harness varied. That thing was a royal pain to get wired to where everything worked correctly again. There are multiple differences between the years of harnesses they used and the cluster they used.

Comment

Working...
                      X