No announcement yet.

Woodpeckers vs game cameras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The woodpeckers at my place have expensive tastes. All of my cheap cameras go unharmed, but the second I put out a cell camera, those peckers are all over it!!!!

Comment

Any luck, AC?

Comment

[ATTACH]980437[/ATTACH]

They suck.
        Last edited by Radar; 01-10-2020, 09:40 PM.

Comment

It's not only the woodpeckers, I got red cardinals on camera pecking the heck out of one.

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
            Any luck, AC?

all traps had been set off, but no sign of success. I reset them. I also didn't have anymore cameras damaged this time.

Comment

Thought I would update this thread. I saw on another thread where someone lost two cameras to woodpeckers. I will just say I haven’t had any issue with woodpeckers anymore

Comment

Ha! I never saw the traps any success? Whats crazy is I have lost probably a half a dozen cameras over the years to them but not one pic.

Comment

Originally posted by myway View Post
                  Ha! I never saw the traps any success? Whats crazy is I have lost probably a half a dozen cameras over the years to them but not one pic.

Yes they were successful. I even caught a deer in one lol. He stuck his nose where it didn’t belong. The deer broke my trap. I had some good close ups of him on my camera though

I had several that were tripped but no bird. Upon further inspection, it appears they were easy prey for coons, and other animals to pick off the traps. Feathers and feet on the ground below told that story.

I’d lost several cameras to those suckers, but not anymore!

Comment

piece of 1/16" clear polycarbonate will fix you up in the future.

Comment

Attach glue traps to the camera base. That way you can catch him and have a talk with him. Or her. Might be a girl woodpecker.

Comment

Most of my cameras have been hit over the years also, but they continue to operate just fine. I use Browning, Multrie and Stealth cameras and none of these have been exempt from lens peckers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                        X